Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wing Commander Saga

The official Saga eye candy corner

<< < (3/10) > >>

The E:
One question, will the Saga executable support techniques that have made it into FSO lately? Especially depth-blended particles and FXAA?

Tolwyn:
We are already in the code freeze state. That means 'no'.

Dragon:
On the other hand, I hope all Saga features are ported to FSO like they were the last time, so it'd be possible to play WCS with a regular nightly (or an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :)).

LordMelvin:

--- Quote from: Dragon on November 30, 2011, 10:49:20 am ---...I hope ... it'd be possible to play WCS with ... an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :).

--- End quote ---

A world of this!

KeldorKatarn:

--- Quote from: LordMelvin on November 30, 2011, 11:10:59 am ---
--- Quote from: Dragon on November 30, 2011, 10:49:20 am ---...I hope ... it'd be possible to play WCS with ... an experimental "Shadows and lightshafts" build :).

--- End quote ---

A world of this!

--- End quote ---

I don't want to dissapoint you, but that is highly unlikely. Our code has been optimized to support our game and most of our changes were made without any regard for Freespace compatibility, so it is highly unlikely that it will be ported back by the SCP. If any experienced programmers want to port some FSO Features over to the Saga version however, that should be possible. We will however not offer support for such an undertaking, neither will we support game problems caused by modified engines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version