Author Topic: freding an eject?  (Read 5013 times)

Offline festivefire

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    • Minecraft
so if i rigth-click and click add variable on the event, and save alpha 1 splash or whatever i name it as a variable it should work? I'll try that. thanks!
Digital Fire

Offline festivefire

• Minecraft
Ok so that worked, the mission runs fine with no errors now. i added a camera shake to the eject, but it is rather hard to see the crashed viper as it zooms away. it seems to have allot less motion damping than the viper-pilot (and the engines are disabled and the AI is off, so its not the AI flying away)
the only thing i really want to do now to finish it up is add the afterburner sound when you eject, so if anybody knows the file name for that i would very much appreciate it.

EDIT: if you want to try it out and give suggestions on the eject, here is a mission with the eject event added for the players viper. there are two waves of raiders, ion, and fractal which has missiles. tell me what i could do to make it work better or look better. EDIT again: the key to eject is / on the numpad.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:40:08 pm by festivefire »
Digital Fire

Offline festivefire

• Minecraft
is there a FRED command to activate an animation on a ship? like for instance, opening a raptors door, so it can recover a lost pilot? if so please tell me where, because i can't find it right now.
EDIT: I started coding in a raptor recovery for the ejected pilot, but the raptor never follows the orders given to it in the event. It is supposed to warp in, and after it warps in it is supposed to approach alpha 1, the now ejected pilot. the door should open, and then the raptor is supposed to dock with the pilot so it is flush with the electronic warfare officer's chair. after the raptor warps in, it ignores the orders its given and either shoots raiders, or if my wing mates have already killed them, it just flies around doing nothing.
the event:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:40:53 pm by festivefire »
Digital Fire

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Best advice I can give it to take a good look at how we did it in Mission 3.

I am wondering if you're having issues because Alpha 1 isn't a viper by that point.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline festivefire

• Minecraft
does it matter that alpha 1 isn't a viper? alpha 1 isn't the one docking, the raptor is. ill check out what you did in mission 3 though.
Digital Fire

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What matters is how the docking code works. At some point the game has to convert the docking point you've written down into an index into the array of docks for Alpha 1. If at that point it still thinks alpha 1 is a Viper, it will never find the correct dock.

Without looking at the code I can say that I think what you have should work, but there is a slight possibility that it's actually impossible to do things that way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]