Author Topic: Quick and Dirty Mission Archive  (Read 18392 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Quick and Dirty Mission Archive
Seeing as how people were having trouble getting hold of some of the 3rd party missions and campaigns people have made for Diaspora, I figured I'd upload everything I have here.

I strongly suggest using the links on the release thread first. My versions may not be the most recent (if I'm wrong about a download please link the newer version here).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: Quick and Dirty Mission Archive
Hmm, BitDefender is blocking that page; says "malware detected".  I don't see an option to bypass bitdefender so I guess I will disable it temporarily. 
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's rather odd. I'm fairly sure there are no exe's on that page.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I didn't see any, either.  Maybe it is just overly aggressive - it also blocked me from going to Turey's installer page.  I cant find a way to tone it down or let me proceed without turning it off, so I might have to switch back to avast or something.  But might put this on my son's computer, if it will block him from some of the questionable sites he visits!  I just spent a week getting rid of a nasty rootkit he caught somewhere.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline jenrai

Are any of these co-op? If so, is there a way you can mark them as such?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll be going through the archive and marking things properly at some point later this month. Till then, it was mainly meant to be a place people could grab the missions that otherwise had vanished into the aether.

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion
Great Idea the Freders Deserve us to be able find them easily.
Many thanks for taking the time

Does it matter where the files go in the Diaspora folder? Or is just the parent folder fine? (ie C:>Games>Diaspora)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
All the mission (i.e. *.fs2) files should go in:  C:>Games>Diaspora->data->missions.  If the directories don't exist, just create them.  You can then access the missions via Tech Data -> Mission Simulator.

A slightly more advanced approach is to create a separate mod folder, put all the missions into C:>Games>Diaspora->MOD->data->missions, and then select the mod from the launcher to get access to the missions.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...