Author Topic: Crash after pilot selection  (Read 1540 times)

Crash after pilot selection
Hello! First time visitor or poster, and I love what I see of the FSO and FSPort communities. However, I've been unable to open up fsport or ST:R at all. Note: I installed fsport, ST:R, and the media-vps version via FSO Installer earlier today. Before the opening cutscene starts, I get a long string of errors using the debug build of FSO 3.7.0, seen in the second attachment. Following the opening cutscene, a popup appears saying there have been 11 errors so far (this happens in both the debug and regular builds of 3.7.0). When I select a pilot and go to the concourse/main hall, FS2 crashes outright. Attached is the fs2_open.log file for your examination. Thank you all.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Crash after pilot selection
:welcome:

Download this and extract the VP to your C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\ directory.

Ah it worked! Thank you! I'm guessing the FSO Installer neglected to include that one file? Oh thank you thank you.

Offline Yarn

If you used Turey's installer, then understand that its use is not recommended, mostly due to missing and corrupted files.

Also, I strongly recommend moving your FS2 installation out of Program Files and to a shorter path like C:\Games\FreeSpace2. Having it installed in Program Files or a moderately long path can cause more problems down the line.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178