Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

A new nightly build seems to wreck WOD

(1/3) > >>

Lykurgos88:
So uh, I tried opening Wings of Dawn after a while (I have already completed the main campaign plus Stranded, but decided to replay some missions), but now it seems that there is a new error right on launch. It happens with both mediaVPs_3612 and mediaVPs_2014:

--- Code: ---ships.tbl(line 993): Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [;; in x/y/z -- z only specified forward.  use special tokens fo].

ERROR: ships.tbl(line 993):
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [;; in x/y/z -- z only specified forward.  use special tokens fo].

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 333
--- End code ---

This happens with r10824. I'm not sure what is the exact build number that begins to throw this error, but it seems that the guilty build can't be more than a month old.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Spoon:
Took me a bit to find the issue. It was a really silly tabling error that has been there since release.
There were three cases of  +Armor: XSTR("Heavy Reflective", ", -1) the extra ", being the offender. I don't know why that has never produced an error before! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Throw this little patch into your WoD folder: https://www.mediafire.com/?5yc6cuzwe0x14v5 this should make it playable with RC3 and likewise nightly builds.

FrikgFeek:
The problem is that new non-debug builds act like debug builds and cry over every single .tbm mismatch. The patch helps resolve this particular issue, but the new nightlies still cry about the stranded ship table, lines 395 through 450ish, which means you'll have to press OK around 50 times to load the mod.
You should probably just use RC2 until they fix it.

Lykurgos88:
Like FrikgFeek said, Stranded is still affected, but thanks anyway for the patch  :)

The E:

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on June 20, 2014, 05:13:47 pm ---You should probably just use RC2 until they fix it.

--- End quote ---

Speaking as an SCP dev, this is not going to happen, because it's not an error from our POV. The engine warning the user about things that are tabled wrong is not a bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version