Author Topic: Pimp my logo  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hello, Mixael. I was working on logo for Outer Rim Syndicate - player's faction from my upcoming project. This is one of the last important things that our team still needs to be finished, before we announce Mystery Project to public.

Here is logo outline:

It represent four rim solar planet - Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, and a rising sun over them. I was aiming at similarity to original GTA logo and the same style, especialy to your version:

So I came here. What we need is to make it all metalic like your GTA logo, add lightning reflections etc. Base claw that hold the planets in one line is gonna be extrued and imitate 3D shape like this:

Planets are stricte token. I was thinking about putting symbols of each planet onto, or basic details like saturn rings or red storm of Jupiter, but there are just ideas. Simplicity is the most important. Sun is going to be fully gold and similar to crescent moon from GTA logo, the same goes for sunrays [those should be thinner, also simiar to GTA original].

If you don't have much on your workbrench now, we would be thankful for your help. Also, don't mind previous HUD request. I found something good instead, and it's not critical. If you take logo request, I may provide base shape in vector, if it's needed.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hmm, this is pretty interesting. I'll see what I can come up with.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Any progress? I'd like to include this in mainhall I'm working on.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Woops.. totally forgot about this over the holidays. I'll get on it.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
No worries. I can't wait to see the results :D

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Here's a first pass.

Looking at it here, I can tell some of the pieces need centering in their space at least.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah I see that some planets should be centered a bit.

I'm thinking about colors of Jupiter and Saturn. It's a good thing to tone down the saturation. At the other side current ones are not saturated enough. Saturn should be a little bit more orange, and Jupiter more red respectively. In short I need something between my original, and your current.

Sunrays should be thinner and more numerous. I'm thinking about redo this part at all or adding second layer of brighter sunrays behind the current layer.

I love the direction it's going on. Good job so far :yes: !