Author Topic: Creating new articles?  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Creating new articles?
So maybe I'm retarded...

Do I need anything to create new articles? Some special permission? I've seen this and I want to take care about some new pages, but I cannot find damn "Create New Article" button.

I want to wiki a lot of released and forgotten models. Not only the ones that I created for Exile, but there are much more. If nobody wants to take care of them, I will :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Creating new articles?
You just go to the page you want to create, for example http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Exile by typing it into the URL bar or clicking a red link.

Pretty straightforward from there. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So I guess I'm retarded :P

Sooo I don't want to make more trash topics here. What about new templates? I'm dreaming about template for Exile ships, but I guess it's not that straight :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
It actually is. Check out BP's Article template, for an example.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Template:BPArticle

Then, when you want to apply it, you use the name of the template (Minus the "Template:" part) in your article, in doubly curly braces.

So, you'd create, for example, the page "Template:ExileShip", then use {{ExileShip}} at the top of the page you want to use it in. Just remember not to go too crazy with it. If you released a ship yourself, for Exile, or it's exclusive to Exile, then yeah. If you're using someone elses ship or a [V] ship, then no.

TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Copy that :P. I'm not gonna be cocky with this. I just want to mark what's mine, plus there are a lot of Exile related material that is gonna be wikified.

Along with articles for ships from other mods I guess, and non-mod released content. Thanks for your help.

Hey Folks,
I was looking at some of the stuff I did and noticed the GVF Shu's information has a slight error. It mentioned the GVF Shu has a 5 gun setup. Should be 6 guns in two banks and 4 missile slots in two banks unless it was released in some VP package that was configured that way. I can also do the other stuff I had a hand in such as the GTF Ezechiel  and other ships.

P.S. The GVF Shu Mk V is done modeling wise.

All the best,
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.