Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Scripting Workshop

Execute EXE file on computer while playing

<< < (3/4) > >>

coffeesoft:

I don't know if I understood correctly

- Can FSO store some data of the mission in a custom txt file ?, for example, wing 1 arrives = true or false

So we could read those data with AHK

Phantom Hoover:

--- Quote from: coffeesoft on October 21, 2017, 04:28:55 pm ---
--- Quote ---Unfortunately, that will not work. FSO disables that command for security reasons but I guess a command line option could be added to allow using those functions.
--- End quote ---

:(  out of curiosity, wich reasons ?, i mean, Can we format our HDs while playing ?  :D

--- End quote ---

If you can execute outside executables from within a game's code, you basically own the player's computer. It's that simple. It's a big security hole.

m!m:
To be honest, FSO is not written with security in mind. I'm pretty sure that you could find a lot of possible attacks even without using scripts but a script is a very easy attack so we might as well try to reduce the attack surface by restricting what a script can do.

The E:
Plus, the people who have used scripting to address other things external to FSO have used TCP/IP or other mechanisms to achieve their goals.

jr2:

--- Quote from: coffeesoft on October 22, 2017, 03:01:53 am ---
 I don't know if I understood correctly

- Can FSO store some data of the mission in a custom txt file ?, for example, wing 1 arrives = true or false

So we could read those data with AHK

--- End quote ---

I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version