Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 467316 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
I just played a little game called, "Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist"
It's free, and it's exactly what it says on the tin
Also, very short, and immensely entertaining. I very much recommend it. There's a tiger!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/409160/Dr_Langeskov_The_Tiger_and_The_Terribly_Cursed_Emerald_A_Whirlwind_Heist/

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Because I'm an idiot who can't plan ahead, I already had Psychonauts 2 sitting on my hard drive before I got around to replaying the original game beforehand. According to Steam it's been almost a decade since the last time I picked it up, and it has been an absolute delight revisiting it. There is so much dialog that still makes me crack up, and the design work still holds up incredibly well. From everything I've heard the long-awaited sequel more than lived up to expectations, and I can't wait to dive in.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I definitely want to play Psychonauts 2, but have too many other games on my plate right now (playing all the Witcher games). I also played Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin recently, which is short but really good. The first Psychonauts had the most creative levels and environments I've seen in any game.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've watched a full playthrough of Rhombus of Ruin, which gives most of the experience, but not having access to (or any real interest in) VR, I can't play it myself. Still picked it up for $2 the other day though, just to show Double Fine some love.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
VR makes you feel like you are really living in the game world, and the trippy Psychonauts environments are perfect for it. It's the only game I've seen with a sense of different scales, where you see the same areas from the point of view of a tiny person versus a larger person. I just wish it was more of a full fledged game, it's only a few hours long.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:40:36 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • I made the largest .POF in the universe.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Was on my list from a long time, but I was too busy for real gaming. Now I'm still busy [in theory] but my brain decided that's enough and has a very annoying downtime... So I need something that does not require all of my fried-up braincells.

Anyway, spectacular game. It's basically Witcher 3 in new world and combat system more focused on range and critical points...
...and it's good because Witcher 3 is very close to be perfect game, and Horizon is not worse in any aspect. One of the best gaming experiences of my life.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
Witcher 3 had Yennifer.

And Yennifer is life.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I finished Psychonauts 2 and 100%'d it. Easily GOTY for me and actually surpasses the first game in some ways, which was a tall ask. The story has a more serious vibe this time but still manages to be funny, and the platforming and combat are smoother, with every psi power having its place against a particular type of enemy. The surreal levels and environments are the highlight again, and totally different from any other game. My favorite was Compton's Cookoff, the boss fight in it is hilarious. The last few levels reminded me of the final areas of Monkey Island 3 and 4.