Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 136027 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Relevant

Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Aesaar

https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june
So the US case rate has become extremely partisan

lol, conservatives dying to own the libs.

Trigger the libs by making them grief for their lost loved ones.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm going to move this one to PolDisc, given that at this point in the pandemic, most of the issues involved are (for better or worse) inherently political.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It is ****ing insane that an issue of global health is political.. but here we are.

It is ****ing insane that an issue of global health is political.. but here we are.

seconded...

seconded...
Thirded. I am sick to death of  tolerating the politicization and distortion of easily understood facts, as if the virus gives a tinker’s damn what your political alignment is.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline starlord

Couldn’t agree more.

I am not entirely sure that this has *now* become a contentious political issue, and not several months ago when it was being politicized by several members of this board.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Relevant link to my Twitter post from February 28.

Easily the scariest thing about the Coronavirus is that @realDonaldTrump and his administration have made it political. Now it's about saving Trump instead of saving lives.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I mean, at this stage coronavirus is just an ever-present threat to virtually everyone around the globe. The only thing to talk about is how different governments choose to combat it, it's political in its very nature. I just wish the US's response wasn't one of denial, bickering and mass death.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I mean, at this stage coronavirus is just an ever-present threat to virtually everyone around the globe. The only thing to talk about is how different governments choose to combat it, it's political in its very nature. I just wish the US's response wasn't one of denial, bickering and mass death.
To be fair those are our three chief exports at this point.

Really wish the Netherlands hadn't been sucker-punched by a second wave. It's not like it was predicted from even before the first cases hit Europe.

Offline starlord

The french senate has voted for bars and  nightclubs to stay open.

The french health minister doesn’t understand, neither do I.

Aren't the french ministers being investigated by the police? Atleast before that grisly murder?

Offline starlord

Are you referring to the teacher?

If so, the educational minister has only addressed a speech. Nothing more.

There are investigations though regarding the covid crisis, dealing with the current health minister, the former one, and some logistics element ( it turns out our warehouses were empty of masks and PPE which should have been stocked to serve a situation like this one).

There are investigations though regarding the covid crisis, dealing with the current health minister, the former one, and some logistics element ( it turns out our warehouses were empty of masks and PPE which should have been stocked to serve a situation like this one).

This is the answer to what I meant to ask, thanks :)

Sorry for bungling the question.

Offline Dysko

New restrictions are back in place in Italy too. While we fared fairly good in the beginning stages of the 2nd wave, we had a sudden surge in new cases in the past weeks.

Lombardy is still the most badly hit region in the country, with Milan being the most badly hit city right now, quite unsurprisingly being the 2nd most densely inhabited city in the country. From Thursday a curfew from 11 PM to 5 AM will be in place in the whole region.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
SECOND WAVE BABY

When I asked for a ban back in primordial whenever-the-**** Axem quipped that I should be back in October, just in time for Wave 2. ITS ALL HAPPENING AGAIN

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A decision was made (which I don't necessarily agree with, but w/e) to move the ongoing coverage of the covid omnishambles to the politics board.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns