Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 135851 times)

Second shot's scheduled for the 19th of September.

I thought it was supposed to be a month, not three?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Second shot's scheduled for the 19th of September.

I thought it was supposed to be a month, not three?

Back in March Canada was only receiving a fraction of the doses that were ordered. Coupled with a third wave starting, the provinces decided to use up all the doses available and extend the wait for the second doses by up to 4 months to get as many people as possible to have some sort of protection. Gamble paid off, since cases have fallen.

Some studies in the UK have shown an extended wait between shots actually makes the second one more effective (though the sample size was small, around 200, and were people in the 80+ category).

Offline Dysko

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Despite knowing lots of people who fell sick for a couple of day after the second shot, I had no side effects at all.

After a while that's actually started to weird me out. Had no side effects either and it's like... "Did it work?"

I had the same doubt.
However, a nurse friend of mine was Pfizered in January, and she reported no side effects after either shot (and she also caught COVID without symptoms during the 1st wave). Her boyfriend recently caught COVID with moderate symptoms, but she was tested negative to several swabs, so that the hospital she works in allowed her to continue working.

I know, a single case does not make a statistic, but it is giving me some hope.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
If you really want to know, you can get an antibody test. I got one 3 weeks after the Pfizer second dose just for curiosity. The result showed 383 AU/ml of anti-spike IgG antibodies, which is apparently a pretty high value. Seems like those vaccines are really strongly immunogenic, especially in younger people.

But even a low value does not necessarily mean the vaccine did not work, since there is also cellular immunity.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I got my second dose of Pfizer today.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've just made arrangements to get the vaccine. The first dose will be on 28 June; the second one on 18 August.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Had my first jab on Saturday, Pfizer.
Sore arm for a teeny bit but fine aside from that.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Got my first jab 3 hours ago. The vaccine is Pfizer, rebranded as Comirnaty. Left arm, which got the jab, is feeling a little achy and stiff, which is expected.

Second jab on 18 August.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Is the extended period of time between your doses due to vaccine availability, or just scheduling?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Scheduling - the booking interval was 6-8 weeks. Emphasis on "was"...

The day after I got my first jab, the Singapore Government announced that, due to increased vaccine availability, booking intervals would be reduced to 4-6 weeks.

With some "encouragement" from my sister, I therefore decided to re-book the date of my second jab. It's now on 26 July, which is a) the earliest possible date I can book; and b) exactly 4 weeks after my first jab. :D
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I got my second dose of the Sinovac vaccine which means my WeChat code goes gold. Although as a foreigner in China I only need to pretend to cough to empty the room.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

which means my WeChat code goes gold.

I don't know what that means.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Basically, most people in China have an app on their phone which can instantly show their health status. Silver meant one dose, gold means two.

The only place I ever have to scan to get into these days is if I go to a government building to pick up my visa or something. But if I want to travel, proving vaccination can help me from getting stranded somewhere.

Thanks for that explenation Kara :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I do find it amusing that Chinese people are worried about foreigners spreading the virus. A foreigner in China has almost certainly been here the entire time since flight restrictions make it really hard for new people to enter. Any random Chinese person you meet might have flown in two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 11:59:14 am by karajorma »

I do find it amusing that Chinese people are worried about foreigners spreading the virus. A foreigner in China has almost certainly been here the entire time since flight restrictions make it really hard for new people to enter. Any random Chinese person you meet might have flown in two weeks ago.

I mean, racism doesn't make a lot of sense.

Still frustrated as all hell that our various European and American nations couldn't have done a better job at handing the CCP a propaganda victory though.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Got my second Biontech shot today.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I mean, racism doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if it is out and out racism to be honest. The cause of the fear is the simple fact that most cases of coronavirus in China are now caused by someone coming into China from outside. It's the reason why Ruili on the Burma border is locked down at the moment for the third time. And in places like Ruili the problem is illegal border crossings. This legitimate fear has kinda spread into a fear that foreigners elsewhere might also have recently arrived even though many of the cases outside of border towns are due to Chinese citizens returning.

Even so it's a pretty mild fear. I think yesterday was the first time a guard in a gated community asked me to wear a mask when not asking Chinese people who were doing the same and I just completely ignored him.

Still frustrated as all hell that our various European and American nations couldn't have done a better job at handing the CCP a propaganda victory though.

Pretty much most expats over here are astounded at how badly the crisis has been handled. There are a couple of secondary and tertiary effects but largely coronavirus doesn't affect my daily life beyond wearing a mask on public transport. ironically the CCP can point at the West and claim that they are trying to ensure the population can be safe AND free in a way that's pretty hard to deny for the average Chinese person.

Hey lets lift lockdown early what could possibly go wrong.

It's almost as if letting a virus we knew was able to mutate rapidly circulate amongst the population would cause mutations! Who could've seen this coming?

I actually started reading this thread from the start a bit and it's genuinely a bit distressing that all my early critiques of the dutch government are still true. They even got rewarded for it during the elections.

It's also annoying that plenty of governments that did the right thing initially are now finding themselves in a situation where what they did before no longer works becuase of all those lovely new variants we have now, thanks to The West's:tm: collective incompetence.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:09:17 am by -Joshua- »