Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 134719 times)

A doctor in Alabama tells the story of her having to treat dying patients who could've gotten the vaccine but didn't.

Quote from: The linked article, emphasis mine
“You kind of go into it thinking, ‘Okay, I’m not going to feel bad for this person, because they make their own choice,’” Cobia said. “But then you actually see them, you see them face to face, and it really changes your whole perspective, because they’re still just a person that thinks that they made the best decision that they could with the information that they have, and all the misinformation that’s out there.

“And now all you really see is their fear and their regret. And even though I may walk into the room thinking, ‘Okay, this is your fault, you did this to yourself,’ when I leave the room, I just see a person that’s really suffering, and that is so regretful for the choice that they made.”

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Isn't it ironic... don't you think?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

No.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

No, It's not.

It's F-ing depressing that these people fell for Anti-Vax propaganda.

I don't see Irony in that, I see a death that could have been avoided.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

It's like raaaaaa-iaaaannnnnnnnnn~

But seriously though, at least one person from my jobsite just tested positive this week, and at least half the people I actually asked are anti-vax and anti-mask. I get the terrible feeling that if I ask everybody, that percentage is going to go up. So I'm just treating everybody as infected and trying to stay very far from them.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A doctor in Alabama tells the story of her having to treat dying patients who could've gotten the vaccine but didn't.

Quote from: The linked article, emphasis mine
“You kind of go into it thinking, ‘Okay, I’m not going to feel bad for this person, because they make their own choice,’” Cobia said. “But then you actually see them, you see them face to face, and it really changes your whole perspective, because they’re still just a person that thinks that they made the best decision that they could with the information that they have, and all the misinformation that’s out there.

“And now all you really see is their fear and their regret. And even though I may walk into the room thinking, ‘Okay, this is your fault, you did this to yourself,’ when I leave the room, I just see a person that’s really suffering, and that is so regretful for the choice that they made.”

That's a really interesting article. I wish more of the anti-vax people would read it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
That is a friggin' great article. I wish I could force-feed it to all the wilfully unvaccinated people I come across.

Instead, 40+% of Australia is in lockdown (yet the country is swimming in AstraZeneca) and only 12.9% of the population is fully vaccinated. We ****ing suck.

Offline starlord

Don’t think this is specific to Australia. Let’s talk about France:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfQRuL0nuc

Many here are objecting to the implementation of a vaccine pass (which would allow you greater liberty to move around the country and abroad in Europe. It is far from the ideal solution, but one that at this point I feel has to be implemented to avoid regular waves.

ALSO, one of the revendications of those asshats here is that hospital personnel should be at liberty to vaccinate themselves or not, despite Covid being currently the number one nosocomial disease, steamrolling C.difficile and S.aureus. What the flying **** with wings? Should we do the same with HBV next?

By the way, I just noticed that currently the US and Canada are off limits to the French (not sure about the rest of the EU), but we currently welcome any Canada or US citizen, vaccinated or not. What is that for? Why Is it not possible to let us in if our sanitary pass checks out? Even quarantine would be a solution here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:22:14 am by starlord »

Offline Dysko

We had the same kind of protests in Italy yesterday.

Smallpox is rolling in its grave for not having existed in the internet era.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline starlord

Man was mighty back in 1981.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Just got my second jab of Pfizer, rebranded as Comirnaty. Left arm got the jab again; it's currently feeling a bit stiff and achy, but apparently not to the same extent as the first jab.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

(I'm posting this here to mock how clearly these conspiracy nuts are up in their own bull****)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:39:24 am by -Joshua- »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
all covid quislings deserve anosmia

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The climate change related posts have been pruned and punted to PolDisc.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Joshua, what date was that Natural News article posted? I think I remember Republicans last year celebrating about how the coronavirus was rampaging through blue states and not red states, so I'm curious if this article was published around the same time.

On a related note, my family and I were going to have dinner at a restaurant tonight to celebrate a family anniversary, but my sister canceled it out of (entirely justified) concern for the Delta variant even though we're all vaccinated. So now we're just gonna get carry-out instead and eat dinner at Dad's place.

F@ck those anti-vaxx COVID deniers. I have no sympathy for the unvaccinated now. They had their chance to save themselves and not put the rest of us at risk. They failed. Karma is a b!tch sometimes.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Joshua, what date was that Natural News article posted? I think I remember Republicans last year celebrating about how the coronavirus was rampaging through blue states and not red states, so I'm curious if this article was published around the same time.

It's from three days ago.

On a related note, my family and I were going to have dinner at a restaurant tonight to celebrate a family anniversary, but my sister canceled it out of (entirely justified) concern for the Delta variant even though we're all vaccinated. So now we're just gonna get carry-out instead and eat dinner at Dad's place.

F@ck those anti-vaxx COVID deniers. I have no sympathy for the unvaccinated now. They had their chance to save themselves and not put the rest of us at risk. They failed. Karma is a b!tch sometimes.

I wholeheartedly refer you to my earlier post.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
In other news, the city of Xi'an where I live has gone into soft lockdown today. Apparently, they had two people with covid visit the city and go to a bunch of tourist attractions. No one in the city has supposedly caught it yet.

The thing I find hilarious is that it doesn't even matter if you believe those numbers are real or not. They're literally telling an entire city of nearly 13m people that they don't want anyone leaving the city for a couple of weeks, in the middle of the summer holidays because of 0 cases of covid in the city. Compare and contrast with the failures we've had controlling the virus in the West.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Meanwhile in Alberta, our moronic provincial government is dropping all health restrictions August 16th.  Including for positive cases - all isolation and quarantine requirements will be removed.

By the end of the month, we will also stop the vast majority of testing, tracking, and reporting on cases.  This as we are now experiencing faster case growth than we did this spring.

I live in the worst timeline.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Dysko

What Fauci said:
The Delta variant has a very unusual capability of spreading much more easily than the Alpha did. And the other data we're having right now is that, when people get breakthrough infections, when they're vaccinated and they get infected, even when they have a situation where they don't have an advanced disease, they clearly can transmit it to other people.

This is not a common event. So I don't want people to be thinking that all kinds of vaccinated people are transmitting it. No, it's a very unusual, rare event, but it occurs.

So, when you have vaccinated people who might have a breakthrough infection, and we know now as the fact, as a scientific fact, that they can transmit the virus to an uninfected person, it's for that reason that the CDC made the change in recommendation, and did, just as you correctly stated, namely, that, if you are vaccinated, if you are in indoor setting, you should still wear a mask.
(source: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/dr-fauci-on-cdcs-reimposed-mask-guidelines-vaccine-requirements-and-gop-criticism?fbclid=IwAR1AjhuXMDPneDnaPbQm30jnGQUrGx03H1T-BImV0nT94pohzKrKRMbmPrk )

What Italian medias are saying:
"OMG FAUCI SAID VACCINES DON'T WORK!!!"

:sigh:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Well when half of your population is too dumb or easily manipulated to take the vaccine, yes, the effectiveness of the vaccine is pretty effectively compromised.  It's like the antibiotic apocalypse.  The virus is getting exposed to vaccine-boosted immune systems.  So selection pressure drives the virus in the direction of mutations that can evade the vaccine.  If everyone had the vaccine, there would be precious few places for the virus to breed and mutate, so it might actually be possible to kill it off.  But with half the population in utter denial, they are perfect breeding ground while the virus plays out random permutations to break through the vaccine barrier.

As long as this situation remains unchanged, it seems pretty obvious to me how it will play out.  The virus isn't going to stop, and we don't have the collective will power to do what it takes to stop it.  In the meantime, my governor not only will not reinstate a mask mandate even as cases skyrocket, he has made it illegal for local city government (including school districts) from requiring masks to be worn.

School just started again, and my kids are nearly the only ones wearing masks there, and I just got emails informing me that 2 students in my daughter's class have been infected, and she's been exposed.  She's vaccinated, and again, she wears her mask.  But by now, how many other kids have been infected, even if she has not?  I'm right on the ragged edge of hitting my panic button and pulling them out of school.

"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan