These are radar icon packs for various campaigns and a generic radar icon pack suitable for all campaigns.
They are provided here for other modders to include in their mods and for use in mod packs. Simply add this mod as a dependency for your own in Knossos. Currently supports FreeSpace 2, FSPort, Derelict, and BluePlanet Complete campaigns. I hope to eventually include icons for all unique ships from all major FSO campaigns including The Babylon Project, Solaris, Diaspora, and Wings of Dawn.Generic Style Icons
Intended for high-legibility radar icon usage. Icons are generally smaller to reduce overlap yet easier to identify at a glance. Intentionally generic enough to work for non-freespace campaigns.Silhouette Style Icons
For anyone who wants their radar icons to look like the ships they represent. Comes in two styles, simplified and complete. The simple reuses iconic silhouettes for multiple, similar ships to keep the radar from becoming too cluttered. The latter has silhouettes for every individual warship, fighter, and bomber. May make the radar too cluttered for you... YMMV.
Currently supports Freespace 2 Retail, Freespace Port, Blue Planet Complete, and Derelict.
Source Files and Documentation
These are the source files for the icons. They are Photoshop files as that's what I used to create them. You may be able to open them in other image editors, but i would expect some wonkiness due to some of the advanced features of Photoshop I used.Common Files
(needed for the others)Generic IconsFreespace 2 Retail - Simple SilhouettesFreespace 2 Retail - Remaining SilhouettesFreespace Port - Simple SilhouettesFreespace Port - Remaining SilhouettesBlue Planet Complete - Simple SilhouettesBlue Planet Complete - Remaining Silhouettes
Some icons are still missing from the complete packs. They will be added as time allows.
Hidden Text: Silhouettes Show
- This release is _BREAKING_. Do not upgrade without first testing and making needed changes.
- Completely revamped icon packaging and organization.
[li]Icon defs for Simple Silhouettes has been completely revamped for additional consistency in size between classes of ships.
- There is no more generic icons in this version of the mod. That is now it's own mod.
- All silhouette icons from the former generic packages have been integrated into the new Simple Silhouettes packages.
- Some icons from the Complete packages have been moved into Simple Silhouettes to replace non-silhouette icons
- Remaining "complete" icons now belong to "Complete Silhouettes" packages.
- Icons are now pngs with transparency instead of dds with black backgrounds. This allows the icons to work on the 3d radar.
- All existing icons have been remade to be more consistent with each other.
- Icons consistently have a 1-pixel thick border at 1080p resolution.
- Icon sizes are more consistent with the significance of the craft they indicate irrespective of the craft's physical size
- The way icons are detailed and simplified is now consistent for all icons, depending on intended size
- Icons which may be used at different sizes now have actual different sized icon files
- Icon naming is now more consistent
- This update includes breaking changes.
- Some icons have changed in ways that are purely visual.
- The naming scheme for all icons has changed significantly (due to engine limits).
- Downstream projects are advised to investigate the new icons before depending on this new minor version.
- There are even bigger changes coming in the 0.4.0 release. Unless problems are found, that will be the next release of this pack
- Added FSPort icon defs.
- Shortened package file/folder names.
- Broken by knossos. Waiting on fix.
- Knossos broke three uploads in a row.
The 0.1.7 upload should work... but it wasn't supposed to be loose files. The illustrious ngdl has fixed this issue, 0.1.7 should download correctly now.
- Rearranged several icons in the retail packages.
- Added icons for FS Port ships.
- Identical to 0.1.3. Re-uploaded cause knossos had a case of the dumb.
- Finally added the SSG Rahu.
- Initial release. Separated the icons from HD Hud for Blue Planet Complete.
- Separated Blue Planet Complete specific icons into their own, optional packages.
Hidden Text: Generic Show
- Initial release. Separated the generic icons from silhouette icons.