Author Topic: Capella Supernova = Fizzle  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Capella Supernova = Fizzle
So I have been replaying FS2 under Knossos with the latest media VPs.  I was playing the final mission and forgot exactly when the supernova began and was too far out.  I was racing for the node as fast as I could (flying an Ares) and heard the wave approaching.  I used my hat switch to look aside to see it and it came up on me and I got the external 'you're dying' image, but as the counter hit zero I was suddenly returned to my cockpit, and my ship was fine, as were all of the rest of the surviving ships.  I watched as they all reached the node and departed.  Command announced as each one (save the two surviving Lambda transports) departed safely.  When I jumped out I still ended up with the 'Alpha 1 is dead' cutscene following the supernova one though.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline AV8R

Re: Capella Supernova = Fizzle

Ungrateful Capella survivor?   :lol:

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
I have no clue how that happened, my best working theory is that something in the supernova code freaked out, I'm not a code person though.

(HK Spoiler)
Hidden Text: Show

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:40:19 am by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Luis Dias

ok that reference is clearly waaaay above my paygrade

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
ok that reference is clearly waaaay above my paygrade

Spoiler:
It's the final boss from the game Hollow Knight: "The Radiance". Basically a Moth Sun-Goddess. The Meme is that you decided to fight the sun and still won.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Heh.  This could be a bug.  Can it be reproduced, or was this a one-off occurrence?