Author Topic: A high poly thing (HTL Moloch - WIP)  (Read 38745 times)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Re: A high poly thing (HTL Moloch - WIP)
Why are the black areas so dark? It looks like they haven't been textured at all.

They have, it's just the middle ribs do not use the texturing right, as the very back ribs do. One of the reasons I'm considering changing the rib cage back to normal ribs.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hm. If you don't mind, could you post a 3DS before you try converting it?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ass shot? i wanna see that fighterbay!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

:nod:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline WeatherOp

Sure any help will be greatly appreciated :D. However now, I redesigning the neck, so it might take a little while..

Offline WeatherOp

Here

Ok, I've redid the neck, now to anyone who downloads, this is not completly finished just yet, but I though I would see what needs to be done with before I do finish it. The only problem I can see at this point would be intercection of the ribs and the main body, so anyone who does anything to it, please fix that with Max if you can, doing it all in Wings would take me another year.  :lol:

EDIT NEW LINK BELOW
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:29:56 pm by WeatherOp »

Offline starfox

Linky's broken....
 :(
I got it from the index directory...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 02:25:39 pm by starfox »
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline WeatherOp

Works again.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm, i just thaught the curvature of the veins around the eye looks a tad too natural, mabye consider bending the top ones somwhat differently from the bottom ones...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WeatherOp

Hmm, i just thaught the curvature of the veins around the eye looks a tad too natural, mabye consider bending the top ones somwhat differently from the bottom ones...

Ok,

*writes down on an invisable notpad

Any other grumbles, gripes, thoughts about the new neck?

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
First post, second page - the eye comment under the screenshot I made.

Can you please do it?

No neck gripes.

Offline WeatherOp

First post, second page - the eye comment under the screenshot I made.

Can you please do it?

No neck gripes.

Better? As for now I'll leave the redness of the eye as is, until I get ingame screens, than if you still don't like it, I'll change it.  :nod:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*goes to whip up a quick pof of this to see it in game*

EDIT: Umm. None of the veins are in place, and the engines are waaay off to the bottom.  :wtf: Doesn't seem to have converted to 3ds correctly. f you cloned the ribs, make sure you used copy and not instance, or the wings equivalent, because instane only ever leaves one in max,for me atleast.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Dum.....dum......dum.......dumdum......dum.......dum.......dum ........dumdum........dum.......dum...

Way better far as I'm concerned. Now it's the ominous "You said something?" eye.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ok... This mdel doesn't work at all in MAX. It has 8-12 copies of chunks that are untextured, and there's no spikes, the entire mesh is in many many segments....... I guss wings oesn't knw ow to export to MAX formt. :/

EDIT again: After deleting 10 copies of the same ein, and joining the entire mesh (of about 40 objects) te poly count comes to 8055 :wtf:
There's gotta be another format besides wings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:10:24 pm by Raa »

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Ok, now get an animated glowmap of Sauron's eye and slap it on there :D
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline WeatherOp

I'm sorry Raa, I thought I put a 3DS file in there, not a Wings, guess I messed up when I updated it. Here is the 3DS version. :) And BTW, the engines won't be inplace, I just have them down there to put on last, a ribs floating above the main model  as well..

http://www.game-warden.com/fusionstorm/moloch1.rar
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:34:27 pm by WeatherOp »

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'm sorry Raa, I thought I put a 3DS file in there, not a Wings, guess I messed up when I updated it. Here is the 3DS version. :) And BTW, the engines won't be inplace, I just have them down there to put on last, a ribs floating above the main model  as well..

http://www.game-warden.com/fusionstorm/moloch1.rar

No no, it *was* a 3ds file, but it converted badly. Like, the red veins were untextured, and max says there's no UV data there. And there were several copies of some parts oer eachother. 10 for the red vein in the back alone.

15 for the main body, as well as each engine cube, each vein, each rib...   Wings must not be able to output to 3ds vey well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 05:01:02 pm by Raa »

Offline WeatherOp

Hmm, I exported to 3DS then to Cob, converted and got this. :D

Sorry about the small size, but the size wasn't set in POFCS and this was half as big as the "Bat"

The only problems I got were that modelview didn't like me not texturing the other side of the ribs. So, I'll fix that and it shoud be fine. However ingame it looked great, but once again don't pay attention to the lower right front spikes. :drevil:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Yeah... that doesn't look *anything* like how it looks in MAX. :wtf: