Author Topic: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.10 Beta version  (Read 214447 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Re: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.10 Beta version
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51396.msg1040245.html#msg1040245

You mean the one asked there? So far as I'm aware, 3.6.10 (like 3.6.8) will sport the LS Nebula along with the stellar enhancements found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,45736.0.html
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
3.6.10 is going to have full LS nebula enhanched missions. As of now the only reason why the LS nebs arent showing when playing without adveffects is that the table that activates the LS nebs is in adv effects vp though the lower quality effects are in effects vp. Does this answer the question?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
EDIT: Never mind, was already mentioned a couple of posts above.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:27:45 pm by Flaser »
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

I don't know if this was asked before, but will the current HTL models be updated with the new cockipts (like the one in the loki and zeus)?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I don't know if this was asked before, but will the current HTL models be updated with the new cockipts (like the one in the loki and zeus)?
We'll actually get a proper cockpit system soonish, which will allow any fighter to use a specific separate model as the cockpit. This means we won't actually have to build these high detail cockpits into HTL ships anymore, and at that point I'll be able to remove the then redundant ones I built into the Loki and Herc. :)

This won't happen by the 3.6.10 set though I'm afraid.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
This means we won't actually have to build these high detail cockpits into HTL ships anymore, and at that point I'll be able to remove the then redundant ones I built into the Loki and Herc. :)

Err... one question, the external cockpits (i.e. the ones that we see in the Lab or in the F3 viewer) will remain there... right? :nervous: :shaking:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah they're talking about virtual cockpits, not the ones you see in other fighters.  Those will stay I'm sure.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
3.6.10 is going to have full LS nebula enhanched missions. As of now the only reason why the LS nebs arent showing when playing without adveffects is that the table that activates the LS nebs is in adv effects vp though the lower quality effects are in effects vp. Does this answer the question?

i have the Adv effects vp and was playing with non-LS
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Err... one question, the external cockpits (i.e. the ones that we see in the Lab or in the F3 viewer) will remain there... right? :nervous: :shaking:
Yeah, as chief says - the external ones will remain. I built the loki and zeus with two though - one low poly external one, and one high poly internal one. Once the cockpit system is in place there will be no need for the high poly internal one.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nx

The AAA is definitely missing the orb.

And the particles seem to trail behind the emitter. Is that mediavps or SCP?

I know I'm replying to a month-old post, but I just noticed this now. Please don't use my Iceni model to test mediavp effects or scp features for bugs. That error is probably caused by incorrect turret positions in the pof. Even if it's not, and it is a bug in the mediavps, please reproduce it with a finished ship. If you can't (i.e. it's a bug in the Iceni pof), please do post it here. Thank you.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Nx

No because I notice that bug in Shivan warships too. Must be a problem with something else. Probably the effects themselves since I switched back to using models from 3.6.9 and kept the effects for 3.6.10 and the bug is still present.

The wrong position of the particle effects was a bug in the Iceni pof. I thought the glow was inside the model too, but it's actually a mediavp bug
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Speaking about shivan ships, there are some problems with the ravana, it's maps are missing ( it has the retail fs2 maps and no shine effects ), it's very hard to destroy it's main cannons ( I can only hit them when facing them ), and it's engines are misplaced.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The collision detection and engine problems are known issues with the POF.  There was a whole thread about why not to use the 3DS Max POF exporter, specifically regarding the HTL Ravana.  Someone just has to fix these problems.

Offline Topgun

the aten is full of holes two.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I would suggest testing these models with the newest PCS2 RC2d build, it seems to have the collision issues fixed.  If not I'm sure Kaz would like to know anyway.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the aten is full of holes two.

Imagine my surprise when I fired a Helios at the Aten and expecting it to go up, instead watching it go through the engine block. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Topgun

I flue inside an aten to hide from some aaa :lol:

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Looking at the Aten i can tell you it was created using the Max exporter.

just open it with PCS2 RC2D and save it.. should have collision detection then

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Aren't there other *issues* with models generated by that exporter?

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
yes... big ones... sometimes PCS2 can fix them

and WTF are all these .tsb's files in mv_assets?