Author Topic: The Auriga question  (Read 3506 times)

I just saw the EACa Auriga,it looks awesome(i really like the Orion) and was wondering if i could get it somehow.It would be in my campaign as EA equivalent of GTCa Phoenix.Poly number doesn't mater,if my PC can handle High Poly Raynor along with Low poly Sathanas in same mission,it can live everything(BTW I forgot to beam-free the Sath,so Raynor won,YAY!).

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
it's literrally an orion with the mirror modifier applied to it, then returreted, heh
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

it's literrally an orion with the mirror modifier applied to it, then returreted, heh

And that's the reason i want it.
Returreted?I hope it can survive a single fighter now,i always had to add an Aeolus or a Deimos to protect the Orion.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Find out Trashman's GTHD Orion Mk.2. It's actually almost the same thing with spinal beam cannon and different multipart turrets.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Find out Trashman's GTHD Orion Mk.2. It's actually almost the same thing with spinal beam cannon and different multipart turrets.

I really like the ship,but i wanted an EA version.If it can't be downloaded,than,ehm,i don't know.Maybe i could get some good looking textures from other EA ships,but than again i don't know which program to use,i only have the modelview32 and i don't know does it even have texture editing and changing features.
Also Auriga has two fighterbays?I thought it is same as the Orion.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I am so out of touch with this stuff, the last Auriga I saw was in derelict circa 2008.

Can has picture?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Retexturing the GTHD Orion Mk.2 to make a fake-Auriga doesn't look so good (I've tried it).

I am so out of touch with this stuff, the last Auriga I saw was in derelict circa 2008.

Can has picture?

Bottom center (the orion looking thing). I just pulled this picture from page 6(!) of the "New Eyecandy Thread", so its old as hell, but the model hasn't changed at all AFAIK.
Don't think it has anything to do with the Derelict one.

Also Auriga has two fighterbays?I thought it is same as the Orion.

It's mirrored (symmetrical), so it has a fighterbay on either side.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Two beuties on one screen.

Its tht Ryujin at the back?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah, it's low poly Ryujin. High poly one is a bit different, so it not what you can find on more recent screenshots.

...as GTD Atropos - Woolie Wool's retexture.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I have the OTT Ryujin the PAX Imperia(as its nameplate says),and like the design,although i don't really like their capship textures.Think that its bigest fault is lack of side turrets,a Fenris could pull to its side and unleash tremendous damage from its...LtTerSlash?What role does it play anyway, i know that Lindos is lazer bastard,Tereus is main destroyer,Auriga(the beauty No.1)is carrier and Nemesis(the beauty No.2) is the capital super destroyer.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You can find released version of GTD Atropos. Woolie Wool released low-poly one with different textures, standard FS destroyer scaling and new turret setup. It uses the same mesh as old EAD Ryujin and Pax Imperia.

You can find released version of GTD Atropos. Woolie Wool released low-poly one with different textures, standard FS destroyer scaling and new turret setup. It uses the same mesh as old EAD Ryujin and Pax Imperia.

Ryujin types of ships are alright,but i already have three GTVA terran destroyers:Boreas,Icelus and Raynor,and two EA:Tereus and Lindos,so i currently dont need new one.

As for the Auriga since i cant get it,i'll most likely use the GTCa Hyperion from Twist of Fate as EACa Hyperion,because its white-gray like rest of EA ships,its smaller but still has two fighterbays,and with correct armament it can be deadly.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:19:57 am by wardog300 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Carriers actually should not be deadly themselves. Main weapons of the carriers are their fighters and bombers payload, and anti-capital weapons should be not present here or be token. Sagittarius aka Hyperion from Twist of Fate demo has two big cannons on her nose. If You want to give your carrier anti-capital cannons and don't want to make your own cannons, two SSilvers should be a good option.

Carriers actually should not be deadly themselves. Main weapons of the carriers are their fighters and bombers payload, and anti-capital weapons should be not present here or be token. Sagittarius aka Hyperion from Twist of Fate demo has two big cannons on her nose. If You want to give your carrier anti-capital cannons and don't want to make your own cannons, two SSilvers should be a good option.

I meant deadly to fighters,it has lots of point defense weapons that are pretty nicely placed,with the weapons i plan on putting,it will be as dangerous to fighters as a Deimos is.Two nose cannons will be TerSlashSilver that i made,it is better than TerSlashBlue and SSliver,but worse than MBlue or MSilver.So as far as carriers go,the Hyperion is smallest,strongest against fighters,weakest against warships,still it has firepower to destroy cruiser,and challenge larger vessels.It will be only ship in the mod that's carrying the Anti-Shield Beam,that anihilates shields,and does no damage against hull,that is if the beam is succesful,i have to check is Aeolus stronger with them or with AAAf.And it will carry the Rapid Flak,refire rate is 0.001 sec but has low damage.
Like all other cruiser-destroyer sized vessels,it is heavily vulnerable to GTC Ticonderoga's broadside,and wont survive for long.

Even through other carriers are more relying on anti-capital firepower.
GTCa Phoenix-4xBBlue
GTCa Warlock-2xBFBlue
EACa Telemus-its a juggernaut
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:35:42 am by wardog300 »