Author Topic: Game crashes in M6  (Read 21097 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
yes that's it

Spoiler:
first lost ftl.
then everything else.

on my second playthrough I get the dialogue in a different order, if that's intentional then there's no error.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
What hull percent does the Theseus start the mission with?

The event trigger has been fixed, but I want to know if you're starting with very low hull % or there's some other issue.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
starts on 75%, but I'm guessing it's fixed on the patch. Will test now.

Edit: It's fixed, dialogue plays ok and as far as I could get in the mission it's not crashing anymore. There was a minute right after the arrival of the third baseship when it all went downhill and FPS dropped to 0 for like two seconds (previously this happened and then the mission would crash sometimes, some others it did not), then it all came back to normal.

I have to go, will make two more runs tonight to see if the mission crashes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:49:36 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline VPR

Following on from my post in the patch release thread it's now crashing all the time in M6 at the same point for me as it was pre-patch even after restarting the game in-between attempts. I'll try from a new pilot file first and restart the campaign.

I can't generate a debug log for the mission in-game either as it won't load the mission if I try to go to it from the main menu briefing using the debug exe. I've attached screenshots of the two errors before it crashes and a debug.log (third attachment shows the exit code in the launcher if that's any use?).

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
those are just warnings, not errors. Just click No for those so you can actually get into the mission.

Offline VPR

The game crashes out after the second warning when I click No.

I've tried using the old collisions setting but this doesn't help. Unless there's anything else I can try first I'll reinstall the whole game from scratch as so far no one else seems to be having issues after the patch.

Offline Solver

I also just crashed post-patch in M6, during the dialogue line "we're going to give those toasters a bloody nose", and then crash.

Offline borizz

Yeah, I'm also still crashing after the patch. If you want I could probably get you a debug log.

Offline Swifty

Debug log would help a lot.

Offline borizz

It's getting late and I'm getting frustrated, so I'll probably do this tomorrow. I keep getting killed by
Spoiler:
nuke shockwaves from theseus.
I also had to dial down difficulty to Very Easy because it's not fun at all playing at 12 FPS.

Offline MikeRoz

Patch appears to have rectified my crashes. If it helps, I was (and still am) using the old collision code and I have plenty of RAM.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Swifty

If the game works for you using old collision code, it would be preferable if you can use the new collision code so we can start finding bugs from that. Chances are if the game was crashing for you even with the old collision code, then it's likely the new collision code wasn't the problem.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Just played the mission again with the new collision (never used the old so far) and the mission crashed on the first attempt.

I'll try the Debug now.
Edit: no crash with debug, but It got pretty close to that (I presume from the massive lag) when the third baseship arrived and started shooting the civi's
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:29:58 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
No luck for me with the new patch. Gonna see if I can get  myself to play with the debug version.

Offline Da-Fort

The patch fixed the mission for me. Three for three. I also noticed the dialogue plays correctly now.

Offline NoSpin

Hey guys, first thing....AMAZING GAME!

Second, even after the patch I am still crashing on Mission 6. Usually I would be able to play the mission fine, but after I died once I would repeatedly crash each subsequent time. However earlier today I crashed on my first run, so I'm not sure if that trend is correct.

I believe I have the log of a crash I had while in debug mode, but I will continue testing and post more logs later today (hopefully).

System specs- Intel i7, Nvidia 540M, Windows 7 64bit

Code: [Select]
7478: Could not create debris, no more slots left
Frame 7478: Could not create debris, no more slots left
Frame 10235: Could not create debris, no more slots left
Frame 10673: Could not create debris, no more slots left
Frame 10696: Could not create debris, no more slots left
ASSERTION: "snd->info.n_channels == 1" at sound.cpp:666
 Sound should be mono! Sound file: Engines_AB_Col_Viper_MK7.ogg
Int3(): From d:\c++\freespace\diaspora build\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1034

Offline Anjelus

I'm crashing too I'm afraid, probably for the same reason everyone else is. This last go it happened right after the first mention of the Raptors.

Windows 7
i5-2500k @ 3.30Ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Debris slots? Could we be hitting a debris object count limit?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline crizza

Applied patch, created new pilot file, deleted the old and now my... controls, key bindings etc are completly screwed...
like not dumping countermeasures on X, gliding no longer on W and so on...*sigh*