Author Topic: Silly Linux Noob Question - What next?  (Read 4559 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Silly Linux Noob Question - What next?
OK, try this command, hopefully it's the last dependency that you'll need:

Code: [Select]
$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg8:i386
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Uh, could he not just try installing the 32-bit version of FSO and get all the appropriate 32-bit dependencies?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
yeah, I suggested that a few posts back, but by this point it should be one command either way.  This

Or this

$ sudo apt-get install freespace2
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Surely that'd install 64-bit dependencies and wouldn't help with the 32-bit version the installer's apparently used?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
 :banghead:  I am a dunce, you are quite correct. So this is probably what would be required (I just haven't tested it myself)

This

or this

$ sudo apt-get install freespace2:i386
----
----

More importantly: the installer should not be using 32-bit Linux binaries in this day and age.