Author Topic: Joystick Selection Not Working  (Read 1283 times)

Joystick Selection Not Working
Hi guys,
Using the latest nightlies (trying to play JAD 2.2 so anything post 22nd January) my joystick no longer works. No matter what option I choose out of my selected devices, it does not change the device in use. I have a x55 hotas and a xbox controller. As a result I'm stuck using my xbox controller and not my stick. This issue occurs on both wxlauncher and the old launcher. There is no issue from the latest stable 3.7.4 build.
I did notice that in the joystick drop down tab that the launchers now recognise the specific name of the controller (eg. x-55 rhino stick, x-55 rhino throttle). It seems to not work when i can see them. If that helps trace back to something that was added in.

If I unplug my other devices I would be able to use my stick but I'd rather not be unplugging my throttle and controller everytime I play Freespace.

Here's my log.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline m!m

Re: Joystick Selection Not Working
What wxLauncher version are you using? The nightlies are having issues with older wxLauncher versions so you could try using 0.12 and see if that fixes your issue.

I'll try that as soon I as clear wxlauncher from my antivirus software. Keeps flagging it.

Yes that did the trick, its working properly now. Thanks m!m.