Author Topic: RELEASE: Warzone 2.3.3  (Read 48160 times)

Re: RELEASE: Warzone VA Beta
I keep losing at the first mission, any hint to do it right? :rolleyes:

You could try lowering the difficulty level.  I've never had any trouble with that mission but we all have our own play styles.  Go after the Shivan strike craft as soon as they appear.  Take the default load-out.  The tempest missiles will make short work of the bombers.  You should have time to rearm during the mission if you do it quickly.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

My youtube link has a full playthrough of the entire campaign on insane, so.... hint enough? :P
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
My youtube link has a full playthrough of the entire campaign on insane, so.... hint enough? :P
I have you in my subscription list, I will see it again to figure out how to win it, thanks :)
Let's play Blue Planet

Also, it might not be on insane, I think I may have had a chilled out 'hard' playthrough on this one oO
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline CaptJosh

Odd. I just got an error during loading the mission after the one where that Knossos in Regulus shows up. It said that the Warlock has no fighter bay. Anyone else run into this? Or is it just that I'm using a build that's too old?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Odd. I just got an error during loading the mission after the one where that Knossos in Regulus shows up. It said that the Warlock has no fighter bay. Anyone else run into this? Or is it just that I'm using a build that's too old?

What build are you using?

Offline CaptJosh

A self compiled SSE2 build that I made on September 25th.
CaptJosh

A self compiled SSE2 build that I made on September 25th.

Try grabbing one of the latest nightly builds and see if that fixes the problem. 

Offline CaptJosh

I don't know that it would help. I captured the error this time

Code: [Select]
Ship does not have a fighter bay.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( has-arrived-delay 0 "Warlock" )
   ( set-support-ship
      "Docking Bay"
      "Warlock"
      "Docking Bay"
      "Warlock"
      "<any support ship class>"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: Warlock)
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_13r_INF_SSE2-20110925.exe! <no symbol>

It seems to indicate an issue with the model used for the Warlock.
CaptJosh

Odd that didn't come up in internal or external testing.  I played through that mission recently using nightly build r7893 and everything worked normally.  To my knowledge the Warlock is using the standard Hecate model.  There is only one custom model in the campaign which you won't encounter for awhile.

I'd still say try the latest nightly build.  You don't have anything to lose. 

Offline CaptJosh

I'm not sure why it came up in the build I compiled myself on 90/25/2011, but I updated my source pull, recompiled, and the issue went away.
CaptJosh

I'm not sure why it came up in the build I compiled myself on 90/25/2011, but I updated my source pull, recompiled, and the issue went away.

Glad to hear you were able to fix your problem.  Please let us know if you come across any additional issues.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:53:22 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline CaptJosh

Well, I did notice that one of the voice actors seemed to have issues pronouncing "Boanerges", "Catharsis", and a few other words. I can play back through and take notes if you like.
CaptJosh

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
changing the voice acting is not a possibility i'm afraid
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline CaptJosh

That's going to grate on some folks' nerves, then. But if it cannot be changed, well, c'est la vie.
CaptJosh

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Well I was finally able to finish this:
Spoiler:
I have not played this campaign prior to the remake so I don't know everything that was changed over what has not, besides of course the voice acting.
The voice acting was brilliant, all the characters had stark contrast to one another, I find the struggle between admiral and admiral cole iconic. Especially when admiral russik said to admiral cole: "you graduated second in your class' oww! what a slam! I think darkblade was the briefing officer towards the end, you're my hero! Seems Mongoose did what he does best, Terran Command. I only regret that I missed out on the auditions, it sounded like you all had a lot of fun putting it together!

I found the phrase 'Recon in force' quite comical. "we don't know what's out there so we are going to risk everything we've got to find out." haha Not a criticism really, I found the whole thing quite enjoyable.

I like how you all added some bomber missions! The campaign overall was decent and played well, but being able to fly a number of decent missions as a bomber was a nice change from the typical campaign that has you fly intercept and space superiority all the time. Also the variety of bombers and the balance of the missions really drove player involvement for me. Well done.

The shivans are a hive mind?! really?! That's so Zerg. Kind of like the shivans to remain unexplained, but the idea of a power hungry madman being able to control the most powerful alien fleet known to humankind is quite a scary plot device.

The beginning was kind of slow for me, as it was hard to see at first if anything unique was being offered over more missions where you fight shivans. The voice acting and competent FREDing held my thin interest until things really got good.

Overall, the plot required you to stick with it, but the ending was quite rewarding. Gameplay wise it felt like solid volition made goodness. Thanks for releasing this.

Oh what becomes of the Odin? Is that some kind of mystery?

Well
Spoiler:
Russik's plan was based on the idea that the Shivans had a hive-mind. All that it actually means is that when the plan is implemented let's just say blowback would be an understatement.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Warzone or the 3.6.14 RC build. On the mission "Stacking the Deck" if I get killed and then quick start communications behave as if they are damaged. I have to exit the game completely to get it back to normal.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
I'm not sure if this is a problem with Warzone or the 3.6.14 RC build. On the mission "Stacking the Deck" if I get killed and then quick start communications behave as if they are damaged. I have to exit the game completely to get it back to normal.

my first bet would be on the rc build, after all the sound code has been changed...
never heard of anything like this before
i will have a look though whether i can reproduce it, thanks for the report
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Hey how do I install these nightly builds...
I have the launcher installed with the mod in the right place but I'm not sure what to do with nightly builds

After you download the build unzip it into your Freespace 2 folder. Then just hit the browse button at the top right hand side of the launcher and choose the build. There will be two, one with a r- for release and a d- for debug. For playing the game you want the release build.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.