Author Topic: Pick your favorite screenshots  (Read 15283 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Pick your favorite screenshots
I'd be interested in how a campaign like that would affect a player emotionally. In one mission you could witness a terrible massacre and in the next be the cause of a terrible massacre. Mind blowing.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline -Norbert-

I'm not so sure about that.
I think it would ruin the mood of both.

I mean, for the minbari the humans were primitive murderers or even monsters deserving nothing but extermination.
And the humans saw the minbari as pretty much the same as the minbari saw the humans.

Now if you switch around all the time, it's hard to really feel like your the good guys and they are the bad guys.
Even if you start out with a minbari completely into the "holy war" and slowly coming to understand that they are wrong would be better to have in it's own campaign I think.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
it would ruin the mood of both.

Certainly a possibility.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I don't think so at all. And I guess your next words will be: Proove it, fred it.  :lol:

Later. Not now. Maybe someday. Any day.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I don't think so at all.

I don't think so either. I imagine such a campaign would sympathise with the Minbari initially. The loss of Duk'hat was clearly a tragedy for the Minbari of 911 proportions. Starting the campaign flying from their perspective you might even buy into revenge genocide. Then suddenly the tables are turned and you spend a few missions flying for the Earth Alliance witnessing the mass slaughter of your friends and comrades first hand. When you return to flying for the Minbari again you're probably going to have more doubts before pulling the trigger, as the other Minbari were according to Delenn, as the war progressed. I think this story has a potential to make a real emotional impact and convey a strong anti-war message.

Offline -Norbert-

This way it might work.
I thought it would switch after one or two missions, which I think wouldn't work.

If it just switches around every chapter so to say it could work.
But it would still be very hard to make in a good way. But I'm confident that we have some people here talented enough to make it work well.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Back to the topic at hand.  You guys didn't make it easy for me this week.  Voting was all over the place again.  4way tie on mission 4 and 5 way tie on mission 5.  They will be up on ModDB shortly. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It was quite an interesting off topic excursion at least :).