Author Topic: Bored people do weird things.  (Read 1718 times)

Bored people do weird things.
Inspired by this topic, I decided to try my hand at book form of the intelligence in the War in Heaven tech room. The result in ePUB format is attached.

Because ePUB lets us do more with formatting, I decided to format all those dense blocks of text to make it a bit more human-readable. I also played with the text itself, connecting passages and such to help make it flow better. There is still stuff I want to do with this; namely, rearrange how the articles appear in the Table of Contents, and maybe add more content to it. Since my ePUB formatter of choice lacks the ability to do that, I'll have to do it manually, which means it may be a while before I get to it.

Another thing: the way I did the formatting in the stylesheets is not detected by FBReader for some reason, leaving most of the text (like ship names and such) unformatted. It worked in a different ebook reader for Android that I tried; nonetheless, if more readers experience problems with it, I'll have to redo that too.

Otherwise, enjoy!

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline -Sara-

Re: Bored people do weird things.
While I don't have means to read the ePUB format on a designed device, I appreciate your effort to make the intel stories a much easier read for those who do have one! Nice work! :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
While I appreciate the work that went into this, I still find myself annoyed by the fact that it's in ePub format.  A PDF file generated by (say) LaTeX would have been more convenient, and probably would have looked nicer (though, that's a matter of opinion).
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

While I appreciate the work that went into this, I still find myself annoyed by the fact that it's in ePub format.  A PDF file generated by (say) LaTeX would have been more convenient, and probably would have looked nicer (though, that's a matter of opinion).

You have asked, and I have delivered. Check the attachment.  :cool:

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter

You have asked, and I have delivered. Check the attachment.  :cool:
Thank you!
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

And out of sheer boredom, I have redone the TOC on the ePUB. An updated version is attached.