Author Topic: Blueplanet 2: War in Heaven - Huge Lag at Times in Gameplay  (Read 1700 times)

Blueplanet 2: War in Heaven - Huge Lag at Times in Gameplay
I'm currently almost enjoying the epic Blueplanet 2: War in Heaven campaign. I'm about at mission 3 on the second act. And at the mission "Darkest Hour" the lag problems started occurring. It MIGHT have been a previous mission as well but I believe it didn't start before "Darkest Hour". Missions AFTER "Darkest Hour" have the same problem.
(At the moment I cant confirm if all the missions after Darkest Hour have the same problem because I have not finished the Campaign yet.)

The kind of lags I get, I will try describe as well as my English lets me.

Generally, there is no problem at all. Game running smooth and fine. But at some points, the game goes to 1-2 FPS and lags like crazy. This could stay from 1-10 seconds. And also similar minor lags at some points that last maybe 0.5-2 seconds but with perhaps 5-10 FPS.

I have never had problems with the Source Engine. I have maxed out the Graphics settings, and these missions are the only one that are lagging.

My system contains of this: (And I have fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF_SSE2.exe) (I don't know if OpenGL has updates or whatever, but I have no lag problems on ALL other missions on different campaigns. Blueplanet 1 was no problem at all)

RAM: Corsair 4GB (2x2048MB) 1600MHz XMS3
Processor: AMD Phenom2 X4 955 3,2GHz Black Edition
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD6950 2GB

PS: I believe I read some post about, War in Heaven is in need of Optimisation? Could this be the issue? Or am I alone on this?

Appreciate any answers and tips on settings, updates or what I can do and come back with a reply to help you guys improve this campaign.

*Offtopic* So far, I'm having a great time with War in Heaven, it's very EPIC and I cant wait until the Voice Acting Campaign will be released. It's hard to fight and read the messages at the same time ^^
And really, this is really well done, I want to point that out. It's almost a revolutionary campaign like it's prequel. Shows much what you can do and how to improve story impression. And all new weapons and ships are great and very nicely made! Music choice are superb, don't know if you had someone made them. But I'm a musician and I'm greatly impressed. Great stuff! Thx for it! :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:03:22 pm by Meatball »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Blueplanet 2: War in Heaven - Huge Lag at Times in Gameplay
I'm not exactly sure what the Source Engine has to do with this. FSO has nothing to do with it.

And yes, BP2 uses many unoptimized ships. You're far to be the only one experiencing slowdowns. The ships are being remade and will be released when they are done.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

By Source engine I mean whatever engine you are using. Ignore that...

Ok. Any tips what Settings I could get rid off to ease off the lag?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
One thing I would recommend would be to use a recent nightly build, as those puppies are orders of magnitude faster.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Veers

A nightly build will increasing your fps quite nicely, mine went from 6-10fps at several sections (such as the intro) to never dropping below 19fps and holding normally at 30.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline WormholeSurfer

• per aspera ad astra
I have a very similar rig (6870 instead of 6950) and for me disabling powerplay worked wonders.