Author Topic: 3.6.14? Already?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
wait.  final?  wut. 

... brb.  :warp:
I like to stare at the sun.

If you can, use trunk instead. .14 is really outdated by now.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well it's certainly less outdated than 3.6.12, which is what i currently have installed.  i stick to official releases except in special cases like antipodes 6 however long ago that was that made WiH playable, or testing that i have a small hope in hell of actually helping with.  that ALMOST happened once.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

What.  It came out literally two days ago.  How is it outdated.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Compare 3.6.14 with the Diaspora build (which is only a few revisions behind trunk). 3.6.14 is, quite literally, a year old by this point.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page

Shouldn't you have called it, like 3.6.13 Final or something?

And is it just me or has every recent topic seem to be drifting away from their original intent?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:36:05 am by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
And is it just me or has every recent topic seem to be drifting away from their original intent?
:welcomegreen:
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Last time I checked, it was 1400 revisions behind. It's probably a few hundreds more than that by now.

Odds are dev builds, nightlies, test builds, antipodes, whatever. Even are stable releases.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

No.

After 3.6.10, we decided that from now on, unstable builds (i.e. those off of the in-development branch of the svn) will be marked by uneven revision numbers (3.6.11, 3.6.13, etc), while "stable" builds (i.e. those that constitute official releases) will get even revision numbers (3.6.12, 3.6.14). This was necessary due to the confusion we got when people were giving us debug logs saying that they were using "3.6.10", when in fact there were quite a few different builds using that revision.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If the build is already a full year out of date by the time it gets out the door, why the blazes do we even bother with stable releases anymore?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Because we (meaning the SCP) screwed up. Sorry. It happened.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Because we'll always need stable builds to redirect newbs to. Although .14 is too old for the big D, it is now the build of choice for BP1 & 2 until next stable, and probably for quite a few other mods.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Because we'll always need stable builds to redirect newbs to. Although .14 is too old for the big D, it is now the build of choice for BP1 & 2 until next stable, and probably for quite a few other mods.

Oh boy, am I going to love playing the FSPort and stock FS2 again and a bunch of almost-unsung mods. (I am going to hate doing the spoiler-ridden ops in the Procks.)

P.S. Since we have .14 out in the open, any idea when we get our shiny MVP ships in .14?

And this is going to be subject to another bashing (well, I'm starting to get used to them in this forum, being the local dunce), but any reason why .12 Final was marked as .12 in the lower left corner of the screen while .14 Final was marked as .13.9276? Because I'm not feeling the completionist's vibe.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So someone forgot to set the version property for .14 final correctly. Not a big deal.

Actually, given how thoroughly sick we are of .14 by this point, I think my response is "Deal with it".

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Actually, given how thoroughly sick we are of .14 by this point, I think my response is "Deal with it".

So, um, .14 is the manifestation of all the frustrations and nightmares [or the newest bane of FSO devs], so, um, I guess the grand discussion is over?

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Ummm, so where can one get the latest trunk build?  :warp:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

There used to be nightlies, but they stopped a year ago when .14 went into RC phase. Until they're brought back, you have to compile it yourself or get an executable off someone else who did.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The plan is to restart providing nightlies "soon".
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline crizza

I know that is a silly question, but I don't want to reinstall everything...
Can I just download the .14 final, add it and play again?
What with models added to .12?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You don't need to reinstall anything. You can just download the 3.6.14 pack, unzip it into your FS2 directory, and start playing.