Author Topic: How does the signal gauge work?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline wistler

How does the signal gauge work?
I've been trying to play around with the signal gauge that's used in Everything is Permitted, and I'm basically curious as to how it works. How do you make the bar fill up and empty? At first I assumed it was HUD-Set-Frame, but I've tried that and I've been unsuccessful. Is it done in FRED or scripting?

Oh why do you insist on making these great new features hard for me to steal and pass off as my own! joking   :P

Offline Axem

Re: How does the signal gauge work?
No no, hud set frame should work...

Quote from: from BP Internal Reference
Signal Gauge: Can display 1 line of text plus a 10 segment near-log bar gauge. Located above the crosshair elements. Cannot be used at the same time as misc status.
BPSignalGaugeTop: Graphic + Text, top title
BPSignalGaugeBar: Graphic only, has 11 frames. Use set-hud-frame to display the correct frame. Frame 0 has 0 segments filled, Frame 1 has 1 segment filled, etc etc

Can you post your event where you're trying to use it?

If you're looking for another signal detector, I do have a lua script I was working on after release that works a bit nicer and is a lot easier to use.

Offline wistler

Thanks for the help Axem, I'll post the event when I get on my computer. If you've got a script that's a bit easier that'd be sweet. No doubt it's a stupid mistake I've made.

Would you mind sharing the lua script?