Author Topic: Mass Effect 3: You Invaded the Wong Planet [SPOILERS]  (Read 73352 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Re: Mass Effect 3: You Invaded the Wong Planet [SPOILERS]
Jesus Christ, from some of the leaks that came out of Bioware, it sounds like the ending they originally had planned was even worse  :shaking:

Links?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm not sure that's possible. Even if Shepard sat down and had some beers with Harbinger and talked it all out, I'd at least be able to cling to a Kirk parallel and feel sort of okay.

Jack has gone to gauze instead leather straps. She's also grown a ponytail and some hair. And hilariously one of her kids mocks her old "I WILL DESTROY YOU".

A dreadnaught takes thousands of crew (freespace logic), no way that compares to a bunch of guys holding assault rifles; no matter how good they are.

ME ships have very small crews. When a Turian frigate goes down while you're on Palaven's moon, the characters comment that she had maybe fifty people aboard. Dreadnaught crew is well under a thousand.

Another thing to remember is that the Reapers have proved, repeatedly, and in ugly fashion, their complete superiority in space warfare. The greatest victories against the Reapers have been won by people on the ground. You even proved it was possible to get inside a Reaper and severely damage it on foot. A cruiser or even a flotilla of them will struggle to escape alive from one capital-class Reaper. 20 guys on foot might be able cripple or destroy it if the Kodiak gets close enough.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:35:53 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You really are grasping at straws to stick to your opinion that this game is bad, aren't you? I mean, nearly every single point you have raised in the previous thread as being a bad decision turns out to be actually well-executed in the actual game, or at least that's the opinion of people who have actually played it (and who are not on BSN).

Or at least that's your opinion.
If you truly like it, more power to you.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
You really are grasping at straws to stick to your opinion that this game is bad, aren't you? I mean, nearly every single point you have raised in the previous thread as being a bad decision turns out to be actually well-executed in the actual game, or at least that's the opinion of people who have actually played it (and who are not on BSN).

Or at least that's your opinion.
If you truly like it, more power to you.

But it's not just his opinion, it's the opinion of virtually everyone who has played the game. I see no-one complaining about the omniblade other than you when you haven't even played the game yet. Hell, I was skeptic of it at first, thought it was too "cawl of dooty/gears of war" style, but it's actually fun. If you still don't like it, just tap F instead of holding it down and do a normal melee hit.  :rolleyes:
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
This game sounds good. I think I know what to expect from this series now, and it should be a fun (and lengthy) experience as long as you don't try to think too hard about the plot. I will probably get it after some months though, once all the patches and DLCs are out and people have hacked in the console/ini files. Some of those changes were essential in Mass Effect 2, and I have other games I'm busy with right now anyway.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I'm not sure that's possible. Even if Shepard sat down and had some beers with Harbinger and talked it all out, I'd at least be able to cling to a Kirk parallel and feel sort of okay.

Jack has gone to gauze instead leather straps. She's also grown a ponytail and some hair. And hilariously one of her kids mocks her old "I WILL DESTROY YOU".

A dreadnaught takes thousands of crew (freespace logic), no way that compares to a bunch of guys holding assault rifles; no matter how good they are.

ME ships have very small crews. When a Turian frigate goes down while you're on Palaven's moon, the characters comment that she had maybe fifty people aboard. Dreadnaught crew is well under a thousand.

Another thing to remember is that the Reapers have proved, repeatedly, and in ugly fashion, their complete superiority in space warfare. The greatest victories against the Reapers have been won by people on the ground. You even proved it was possible to get inside a Reaper and severely damage it on foot. A cruiser or even a flotilla of them will struggle to escape alive from one capital-class Reaper. 20 guys on foot might be able cripple or destroy it if the Kodiak gets close enough.

The codex entries also go into how Reapers are more vulnerable on planetary surfaces since they have reduced barrier strength. So ground forces make more sense. Even then we only see them on the ground if they're the small destroyers that have secured a location or they have clear space superiority.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Figured someone in here might appreciate this.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Figured someone in here might appreciate this.

If you haven't, youtube that conversation. It's ****ing hilarious in most cases.

Hell, even the Paragon interrupt is actually rather touching in a way (and an impressive testament to Shepard's cold-reading skills).
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
Just finished it a few hours ago still trying to regain my composure. I brought the whole galaxy together saved everyone ushered in a new age of life as we know it and I died. I died. Most of the people i hear on the net are really angry about the ending foaming from the mouth. All I am at the moment is incredibly sad. Sad that Shepard didnt get a happy ending. Sad that she will never see her little blue kids running around (Liara got pregnant before the final mission in my mind she has to). Sad that she will not spend the rest of her life with Liara. Sad that she can't experience the galaxy she saved. Not angry. If your angry your just deflecting your sadness. You don't want to face your incredible sadness. So you lash out. Nobody said that there will be a happy ending. Sometimes life doesn't have a happy ending. You try hard but in the end your reward is just being remembered.  :(
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just finished it a few hours ago still trying to regain my composure. I brought the whole galaxy together saved everyone ushered in a new age of life as we know it and I died. I died. Most of the people i hear on the net are really angry about the ending foaming from the mouth. All I am at the moment is incredibly sad. Sad that Shepard didnt get a happy ending. Sad that she will never see her little blue kids running around (Liara got pregnant before the final mission in my mind she has to). Sad that she will not spend the rest of her life with Liara. Sad that she can't experience the galaxy she saved. Not angry. If your angry your just deflecting your sadness. You don't want to face your incredible sadness. So you lash out. Nobody said that there will be a happy ending. Sometimes life doesn't have a happy ending. You try hard but in the end your reward is just being remembered.  :(

I would honestly be pretty happy if the ending just involved Shep sacrificing her life, but you also destroy galactic civilization, screw over your friends, and render all your previous choices irrelevant no matter what ending you pick, so it's **** every way you care to stroll.

I just pretend the game ended ten minutes before it really did.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:04:57 am by General Battuta »

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
The whole "dropping the entire galaxy into a dark age no matter what you pick" thing really pisses me off. Sure, you can sort-of choose the level of regression, but it still makes everything you do in the game feel like a much smaller victory.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Spoiler:
I just wanted to go back to having a multi-species cooperative galactic civilization :-(
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What's the point in making peace between the Quarians and the Geth if a) half the quarians are going to be stranded at Earth and possibly merged with synthetics b) the Geth are going to be destroyed/or merged with organics?

What's the point in agonizing over the genophage decision if the Krogan are going to be locked in their homeworld with no mass relay/merged with synthetics (presumably rendering the genophage, or its cure, irrelevant)?

What's the point in feeling anything for any of the ME3 Normandy crew/squadmates if they're going to end up trapped in a Jurassic Park incest colony

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'm guessing Sol is a VERY interesting place to be after the relays are destroyed. It's the only place where a touch of the previous galactic culture may exist. It's a small victory for inter-species relations.

EDIT: Also, why is the normandy jumping regardless of ending choice? I can understand Joker trying to escape if you destroy all synthetics (for EDI), but what the **** is the normandy doing leaving the battle otherwise?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:24:00 am by Swantz »

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm guessing Sol is a VERY interesting place to be after the relays are destroyed. It's the only place where a touch of the previous galactic culture may exist. It's a small victory for inter-species relations.

Indeed, it'll be an interesting place to be, watching all the Turians and Quarians ****ing starve to death in a completely incompatible ecosystem. Maybe if the Quarians had brought their liveships it'd be different, but as far as I can tell they didn't.

Not that this'll be anything but a footnote compared to the holocaust that'll ensue as billions of tons of Citadel debris crash down to end all life on Earth

EDIT: Also, why is the normandy jumping regardless of ending choice? I can understand Joker trying to escape if you destroy all synthetics (for EDI), but what the **** is the normandy doing leaving the battle otherwise?

It makes no sense even if you did destroy all synthetics.  Ain't like Shepard was broadcasting what he was gonna do.  And nevermind the whole "Why is EDI back on the ship now anyway, she was on Earth with the rest of the squad" thing.

Unbelievable.  They stole the endings from Deus Ex with a Deus Ex Machina, both in the literary sense, and the literal "God from the Machine" sense.

Too bad the thing didn't MAKE any sense.

.....It really is Michael Bay level crap.  And Trashman called it 3 posts into the first thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:19:41 am by phatosealpha »

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
May or may not be true.

Also, this is a cool reference:

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Wow. Talk about cashing it in. And to think, I used to be excited about this game. Oh well. I've got plenty to play already. So sad to see BioWare go the same way as all the other devs who have been swallowed up by EA and run into the ground. Ah BioWare, we hardly knew ya.

Of course, it's just opinion, but this sounds so ridiculous that I'm not buying it. Or using any other means to acquire it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...have you somehow missed the majority opinion in the thread that the game is very very good, save the last ten minutes? :p

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Congratulations, you just completely ignored half a dozen pages of positive reviews to ditch the game for ten bad minutes of ending.

EDIT: Ninja'd.