Author Topic: Lighting test for WiH  (Read 50130 times)

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:47:48 am by Deadly in a Shadow »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I see a black box containing five of this:

Are you sure you're doing it right?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I can still see all of the images. Yellow & orange Terran ships look pretty cool.

• Buntu!

Ok I uploaded them on Imageshack now. :P
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Kolgena

Er, okay. Did you make saturation negative to invert the colors?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Ok I uploaded them on Imageshack now. :P

I see them now, and they look ... very interesting. It makes the battlefield look like it was shot in some sort of big space studio.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

• Buntu!
Er, okay. Did you make saturation negative to invert the colors?

I desaturated them, yes.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Alright, decided to try this out and I'm getting a weird error. Whenever I fire anything the dynamic lighting from the shot causes ships to light up like this. I tested it with a few different settings, and with both the Age of Aquarius and the default FS2 campaigns and the exact same thing happens. Anyone happen to know what might cause this?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No idea, had the same issue myself.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Could it be faulty coding or something in the download file became corrupt for some reason?
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
What are your lighting settings? It looks like your spec_static value is too high.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Alright, decided to try this out and I'm getting a weird error. Whenever I fire anything the dynamic lighting from the shot causes ships to light up like this. I tested it with a few different settings, and with both the Age of Aquarius and the default FS2 campaigns and the exact same thing happens. Anyone happen to know what might cause this?

* The E activates psychic debugging powers

You are using an nVidia GPU. You have not updated your GPU drivers. You should do so.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

You are using an nVidia GPU. You have not updated your GPU drivers. You should do so.

Woot, this fixed it! Thanks!

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam

...Just goes to show you what I know. :P
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
Re: Lighting test for WiH
Sorry to bump an old topic, but figured some people might have missed this the first time.

I just wanted to ask you guys what your plans are for this lighting test. I know not everyone will feel the same, but I feel that using the 'very-strong' folder and the suggested lighting settings in the readme really, really enhances the visuals and mood of WiH. I use an all-white hud and the grainy image kind of looks like you're looking through a camera mounted on the fighter. If you look at the start of Post-Meridian, the Meridian seriously looks like something out of the first Alien movie, and the convoy in The Cost of War look industrial as ****.

I tried the HLP default settings just for a change last night with WiH, and to me there's just no comparison. Everything looks way too colourful for such a depressing mod  :P  Basically I just want to thank anyone who worked on this because I love it, and also wanna ask if you're planning on using these settings for R2 (and BP3). Would hate for this to be a one-off experiment when I think the atmosphere is highly enhanced by it.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think they could be offered as options.

Offline -Norbert-

Another addition to The BP2 Optional Extras thread maybe?

Offline Kolgena

The post-processing filters can look very good if rather subtly applied, even outside of BP. I've been playing FS2 using them, and I think they're great. It'd be neat if it was ported out to the MVPs, and some sort of table system could allow other mods to pull on them as needed on a per-mod basis.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Do they really need to be ported to the media VPs? I'd rather the use of such post processing effects be left as a choice to the end user, maybe a mod could have preferred shaders as a 'recommended' extra, similar to how this 'lighting test' is set up.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Luis Dias

Make it optional in the launcher, user friendly and I'll agree.