Author Topic: GVT Apis  (Read 3025 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

While till this is 'finished' - just part of a side project.

------------------
Searching for the very souls who've already been told

RECIPROCITY[/url]

[email protected]              

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Now that thing is nifty....

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Cool, I bet we'll see a couple of those blown up  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
"assassinate the important diplomat mission #12348219857"
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Hey, great concept!

I think the UV maps could use some better alignment but I like the mesh and I like the concept alot!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Are those squished alternate warp maps for the engines?  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by sandwich:
Are those squished alternate warp maps for the engines?  

Recoloured Typhon engines..... I'm having a wee bitty of a problem finding suitable maps.

Oh, and Icefire, what bits of the UV do you think need tidied up?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The Vasudans have needed a new transport for ages. The Isis is barely fighter size...how many men (?) will that carry?

BTW, Nice work.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Black Wolf:
The Vasudans have needed a new transport for ages. The Isis is barely fighter size...how many men (?) will that carry?

BTW, Nice work.

Dunno... at the mo it's corvette size, cos that's what it started as  - probably end up around 300-400m long

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Isn't the Apis also used as the name of one of the new Vasudan fighters in Inferno? If so, you've got a name battle going on.

So, I'd like to provide a replacement name.  

GVT Qeb
Same name as the transport in the mission where the Iceni dies. I thought it would be a waste of a good name just to leave it as that one transport (which wasn't even Vasudan).  
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Originally posted by aldo_14:
Dunno... at the mo it's corvette size, cos that's what it started as  - probably end up around 300-400m long

For a diplomatic transport? By it's nature, a diplomatic transport would be designed to carry one person, a diplomat. You don't really need 400m for one person, even with his assorted enterage.

Personally, I'd make it about 200m, bigger than an Argo, but smaller than a cruiser.

It's your project though.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Black Wolf:
For a diplomatic transport? By it's nature, a diplomatic transport would be designed to carry one person, a diplomat. You don't really need 400m for one person, even with his assorted enterage.

Personally, I'd make it about 200m, bigger than an Argo, but smaller than a cruiser.

It's your project though.

Remember, this is equivalent to airforce 1....

I'll decide for good later (heehee) on size & name if need be  

------------------
Searching for the very souls who've already been told

RECIPROCITY[/url]

[email protected]              

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Originally posted by Mad Bomber:
Isn't the Apis also used as the name of one of the new Vasudan fighters in Inferno? If so, you've got a name battle going on.
We do have a Vasudan fighter named Apis, but I'm not bothered if Aldo keeps the name  

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/
Yeah! I like that!  

Yeah, the Vasudans do need a larger transport, though I think maybe it should be around the size of the Argo. So that both species have large and small transports.

But then again I also think that the Vasudans should also have a Triton-sized freighter and TC-TRI-sized cargo. You know, just to make things fair between the two species.  

Joe.

------------------
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Originally posted by joek:
Yeah! I like that!  

Yeah, the Vasudans do need a larger transport, though I think maybe it should be around the size of the Argo. So that both species have large and small transports.

But then again I also think that the Vasudans should also have a Triton-sized freighter and TC-TRI-sized cargo. You know, just to make things fair between the two species.  

Joe.

Or somthing like that, I think that the Vasudans need a big trasport. There isn't alot of those in FS, or FS2 for that matter, but thats just me thots.

------------------
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.