Author Topic: 3 more MODs left to go...  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
3 more MODs left to go...
While the Boreas is done, and the Peleus, Tuket, and Atropos are all in progress, nothing has been done about the GVF Heptu, GTB Cronus, or the GTD Hades MK2.

I need people to do the Heptu, Cronus, and Hades2; they are all necessary for the Eden Project. Once they are done I'll shut up about it  . Anyways if you want to do one of those three, sign up first by emailing me at  [email protected]  or ICQing me at #83934967. Drawings of the ships are found on this old thread.

And a hearty and gigantic thanks to all the MODers and FREDitors who have helped me so far: Jabu, Psycho, Stryke9, Fozzy, Ulala, BlueLion, Akira, the guy who did the Pulsar Cannon (i'll edit the post when i remember his name), and Aldo_14  
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
eden project??, isn't that a realy realy realy bad game?
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
it was wraith host!
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom

Originally posted by LAW ENFORCER:
eden project??

The Eden Project is the collective name for the campaigns Winds of Fate, New Frontiers, and Echoes. I have 2 reasons for calling it the Eden Project:

1) something in the systems past Adhara... you'll see...  
2) I needed something to call the larger project other than referring to all three campaigns. It takes less time to type "The Eden Project" than "Winds of Fate, New Frontiers, and Echoes"  

Besides, all three campaigns will use the same MOD package, and THAT needed a name too  
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I guess I better p1mp my wares while I'm still the only one who has it...

Oh, and MadBomber, I need the rest of TS pls.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Oh. Righto  

And one other thing. The SVas beam cannons were all supposed to be towards the center of the front, not in the middle of the arms. The ones on the middle of the arms were supposed to just be Teran Turets.

Oh well  

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Bumpity bump

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm prob. going to start on a new bomber (design unconfirmed) as a 'bonus' ship for my campaign.... you could have it (the only other campaign) for the Chronos if you want  

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom

Originally posted by aldo_14:
you could have it for the Chronos if you want  

You mean the Cronus. The Chronos is a freighter.  

Chronos = the god of Time
Cronus = Biggest baddest Titan. Had a magic sickle. Ate Zeus's brothers and sisters, and hawked em back up when his wife Rhea gave him a nausea-inducing herb.

And I need to see if i want to accept it or not. The whole premise behind the Cronus was that it should have 2 turets, since turets increase survivability by 40% in battle. If your bomber is gonna have 2 turets, sure. If not, then I'll keep asking around.  

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
I'll do another one, but that means you have to be my texture b1tch for life.

Haaaaaaaaaaaay. WHat is that yelow looking thing? not to sound lost or sumptin... well anyways, mad bomber-post that site, the err ur location where to find ur mods   if theres anything u need meh to do, (ehem-treize k.), lemme know, u know where to find me. btw, nice models. look out for new dawn resolution people!

------------------
New Dawn Resolution -COPP That for FS2!

Fabolous-Blood aka Treize K.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Question: Why would you change your name if you are so worried about everyone knowing who you are? It's like getting a fake ID and then telling the store manager you're 12.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Mad Bomber:
You mean the Cronus. The Chronos is a freighter.  

Chronos = the god of Time
Cronus = Biggest baddest Titan. Had a magic sickle. Ate Zeus's brothers and sisters, and hawked em back up when his wife Rhea gave him a nausea-inducing herb.

And I need to see if i want to accept it or not. The whole premise behind the Cronus was that it should have 2 turets, since turets increase survivability by 40% in battle. If your bomber is gonna have 2 turets, sure. If not, then I'll keep asking around.  

Well, I'm not sure yet.... I have a vague design premise that seems quite good.  It'll be an 'elite' heavy bomber (somewhat simililar to the Gagana) offered as a bonus - like the Artemis DH and Ares.  I'm not sure on 2 turrets - definately 1 rear mounted Maxim / Raptor or something.  I'll post a picture when it's textured, so you can decide.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Okay. First, as for Treize, the MODs are not done yet. Just the Boreas. And i dont want to send the MOD package until all of them are done and stuffed into a VP file.

As for Aldo, whether i use the bomber or not depends solely on whether it has 2 turrets or not. I'm downloading it either way, of course, since i am a MOD collector, but I personally won't use it in the Eden Project unless it has 2 turrets, preferably on different faces of the ship.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Ok, no bother.  i'm afraid I think I'll only have 1 turret, as it's more designed around that way.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Cool. I look forward to DLing it and adding it to my collection  

As for the Eden MODs, the Cronus is not that hard to make. I intentionally gave it a boxy design, to make it easier to create.   The only real trouble is the 3 thrusters and the 4 turret subobjects (they are double barrel multipart turets).

The GTD HadesMK2 just involves adding 21 turrets to the original GTD Hades model.

Vasudan ships are inherently more difficult to MOD and the GVF Heptu is probably no exception. It still shouldn't be too bad, since the curvy parts are pretty simple as curves go, and it's part boxy.

Originally posted by Stryke 9:
Question: Why would you change your name if you are so worried about everyone knowing who you are? It's like getting a fake ID and then telling the store manager you're 12.

because treize kushrenada is so played out. if i was trying to hide it, i wouldnt say, "fabolous_blood aka treize k." i needed a new tag name. just look at my signature.

also, i didnt tell madbomber i had this as my screen name in this forum.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fabolous_blood (edited 10-02-2001).]

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Okay. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need someone to do these MODs. Cmon... the Cronus isn't hard to do, aside from the turets... and the Hades2 is crucial to the plot of NF and Echoes...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Hmmm... Slight prob. I gave it better turrets (you'll see them when my server goes back up, along w/ my email), but TrueSpace is the program of pure evil and I only have a vague idea of how to do stuff in it. Might be a few weeks, thought I should let you know.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Okay, as long as it gets done. Thanks for the turet changes :-)

this thread aint workin... i still need people to do those other 3 models... its probably a futile gesture but I'll try on the VWBB and the VBB too... (sigh)