Author Topic: 3 VPMage problems  (Read 1095 times)

First the small one, probably only of interest to the author (WMCoolmon, right?): when adding a VP by clicking the 'File' button instead the preview pane doesn't get populated. Does work correctly when manually typing the filename/path and clicking 'add'.

Second, if you add two VP files, and than remove one of them, the remaining one seems to throw 'file already exists, using orignal version' message for every file in the VP

Third, something which is more annoying. I get messed up End-of-Line's when extracting a TBL with VPMage. A java app I wrote to investigate reports sequences of CRCRLF. Needless to say, notepad and wordpad can't cope with this. Extracting with VPView gives the (probably correct) CRLF End-of-Line sequence.

Any ideas for getting rid of these problems, especially #3, would be highly appreciated

It looks like VPMage adds a CR to every EOL-sequence when extracting tables. When I create a VP from two extracted TBLs (with CRCRLF EOL's), then extract them again, the 'second generation' TBLs have CRCRCRLF sequences.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
:wtf:

I don't see why that should be happening - the files are just copied. Unless it's because all files are opened like binary files. I used some lowlevel functions in the VP library, although I later changed those to regular fopen calls when I ported said library to Linux.

If/when I get around to getting it compiling on Windows again, I'll see if it's fixed or if I can fix it.
-C

I'd say binary mode would only decrease the chances of this sort of thing happening. My guess would be some mixed up EOL correction, perhaps in a library? Then again, in that case it'd be more likely to come up with extra LF's instead of CR's...

Too bad I only know java :|