Red
16 (23.5%)
Blue
44 (64.7%)
Compromise
8 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: September 05, 2005, 03:57:24 am

Author Topic: Red vs Blue  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Both very cool looking, but with canon you can. :D
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by DaBrain

256MB will be enough for one of them, but two of them plus the torp shockwave, maybe a bit too much for 256MB cards, especially if you wan to use Antialiasing.

So basically a 64 MB X300 will have no chance with the super-hi-res version?  Crap; if it's included in adveffects, looks like I'll have to do a little editing. :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Blue. It looks cooler, and it's closer to canon anyway.

blue. for humans. red for shivans.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I'm not going to do multiple shockwaves at this time. It'd be nice to show off the feature, but there's too much risk of it interfering with other mods and such by taking up a bunch of image slots.
-C

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Not to mention the races are already color-coded enough as it is. If I want to see a firework display I'll go to Disneyland, not Freespace.

And I vote for the blue. I've played the game with both the fire and blue colors and I like the blue better because it contrasts nicely with the explosions, and I always imagined the shockwaves to be energy  released from the fusion drives, anyway.

And which versions are you going to be using for which VP's? The low end for mv_effects and the high for adveffects? The mid-range for effects and the super-high for adveffects?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:10:17 pm by 2005 »

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Christ. FS2stock doesn't have to be treated like the Bible, complete with religious devotion.

Red. It looks better, it makes more sense, and that damn blue is too bloody garish.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Either one's okay to me. But as I can't get it to work, I'll wait for a VP because I'm probably installing them wrong...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Use red for ship explosions and blue for bombs.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Use red for ship explosions and blue for bombs.

Yes, this one also makes sense gameplay-wize because the blue ones will be doing 1% damage to sheilds, while the red you have to watch out for...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
I'm not going to do multiple shockwaves at this time. It'd be nice to show off the feature, but there's too much risk of it interfering with other mods and such by taking up a bunch of image slots.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said.  You can't have multiple shockwaves without incurring massive penalties on the number of graphics used in a given mission, introducing a degredation in performance and potentially causing things to not render properly.  The 3d shockwaves are slightly less bad than the long 2d ones, but only marginally so.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Originally posted by mikhael
Christ. FS2stock doesn't have to be treated like the Bible, complete with religious devotion.

Funny hearing that from basically any non-n00b around here. ;) :p

Both waves are cool, so let's compromise and make them... PURPLE! :nervous:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Pshht, pansy.

Let's make them ultraviolet. :p
-C

How about implement an SCP feature to allow players to set individual RGB settings through the Launcher for specific DDS and PCX files so that we can override whatever color it is ourselves and stop fighting? ;)

(Materials system anyone?!)

I wish. :P *sigh* *clicks Blue*

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Red looks so good...