Author Topic: <--newb,and have questions..  (Read 1660 times)

Offline BES

<--newb,and have questions..
Well, Is there a way to export from modelview?, I dont have MAX, but have Milkshape, 3D Exploration 1.8(outdated and no plug-ins),Truespace6.6,Blender, at least 2 of them can import max files.
none of those programs will open .POF...or mybe im going about it wrong...

I extracted a file from Freespace2(original), its in .POF?, but can only open it in model view

Ive had this game for a while and surprised it still plays very well on my computer without any issues,and surprised to find so much modding going on,thats very cool but it seems im behind the power curve and alot of people arent around and mod links are dead(some,not all).

I have had alot of experience modding Bridge Commander so figured I would tackle some freespace, but need help already...with the issue above.

Also I dont know where to put the .POFs after im done.

also I need something to export it back to the .POF after im done

sorry if things like this have been asked before and not sure if these are the right questions(not sure of what else besides the .POF is used in graphics for this game)

in Bridge Commander its .NIF models with .TGA textures not compressed or anything

also I only have PSP10 instead of the commonly used Photoshop for the textures

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: <--newb,and have questions..
What you want is PCS. Open the pof in it and choose to save it to a .cob and you're done :)

The latest version is available on this thread and a guide on how to use it is in my FAQ.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline BES

Re: <--newb,and have questions..
Cool thanks :D