Author Topic: Any plans for more hi-poly?  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Solatar

Any plans for more hi-poly?
I just downloaded the new hi-poly karnak and it looks great. It made me think though, are there any plans for hi-polying some of the FS1 exclusive ships like the Valkyrie and the Anubis? I thought I saw a pretty awesome hi-poly Valkyrie floating around that was slated for release in a project (might have actually been ST:R, I can't remember).

EDIT: thread title typo corrected...more...not my..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:51:22 pm by Solatar »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Any plans for more hi-poly?
The HTL Valk is still WIP by VA. Hades tried making an Anubis but failed. There's a HTL Centaur, a HTL Apollo, and a HTL Athena (which is IMO meh).

Offline Solatar

HTL Athena isn't bad.

I must confess I was hoping to see a Valkyrie and an Anubis sometime. I was sure I saw a Valk by Nico at some point...

Any pics of the valk? that's one of my all-time favorite ships, i used it long after i got the herc.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Solatar

I'll try to dig it up.

Same here though. I missed the Herc's firepower, but I loved the speed and the perfect bomb intercepting second primary bank placement.

EDIT: No, I think I was wrong. Just VA's. Nico made the original lo-poly Angel way back when, so that's where I got his name mixed in from.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:48:14 pm by Solatar »

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Id like a HTL Hades
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I believe that's being done by the Silent Threat: Reborn people; unlikely they'd release anything before the main release, though (in my reckoning).

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I think there was a re-textured Valk floating around somewhere. That improved it's look somewhat, it wasn't to make it look different, just more detail. Does need hi-polying though.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
High-res and normal maps are in the works for the Valkyrie, as is the Hades. The only enhanced Valkyrie mesh has an added cockpit; it needs more significant work.

Suprisingly I haven't seen either the Athena or the Centaur yet. Where are they?

And why is there no love for the Amun... :(
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Galemp, don't bother doing any map work for the Valk - though it's currently on hold while I'm working on the Hades, I've already got a 25% coloured new texture for the HTL one. I wouldn't be able to use anything from the original.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Suprisingly I haven't seen either the Athena or the Centaur yet. Where are they?
Centaur is somewhere in the Inferno forum. It may be lost now since it was attached though. Pity. If Woo allows me then I can upload the one I have in INFA.

The Athena was on HC. I'll try find it.

Offline Solatar

High-res and normal maps are in the works for the Valkyrie, as is the Hades. The only enhanced Valkyrie mesh has an added cockpit; it needs more significant work.

And why is there no love for the Amun... :(

Freespace needs more cowbell...I mean Amun.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
It looks like a well textured squashed brick. :p
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

I have the HTL Athena, complete with cockpit (as in you look through it when you're at your hud) and stuff, want me to upload the VP?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Ooh, yes please! :nod:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

wow, 7 days later, i completely forgot. i'll do it today

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I have the attention span of a goldfish

QFT  :lol:
(no offense intended)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I remember I had an uber HTL Loki on my old installation of FS2.

Does anyone know where to get it?
Just don't give away the homeworld...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
The 3.6.10 Beta MVPs. ;)
Twisted Infinities

Where to get the 3.10 beta MVPs?
Just don't give away the homeworld...