Author Topic: I need an alternative program...  (Read 1691 times)

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
I need an alternative program...
At the moment, I am using Anim8or to make meshes, and Truespace (the original) to edit hieratchy and texture my models...
 The thing about truespace is that I tend to get a lot of texture corruption and I can't use large (as in Orion size) models in it... so, does anybody know of an effective alternate program I can use for this? I also get the feelin Truespace is behind all my turret problems too... but that's just a hunch. Anyways, any help would be useful on this- I just need a program to texture and edit hierarchy. Thanks guys  
Oh yeah, also where can I pick up ModelView 32? I can't see it on descent-freespace or anywhere else...
 Thanks for your help guys.

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die yoing"
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
You can find it at  www.freespace-2.com  (this is still part of DNet), you just need to hunt around for it a bit. Here is the exact link.

http://www.descent-network.com/cgi-bin/descman.cgi?module=modelview

As for your modelling software - I can suggest Blender and 3dsmax, but Blender has a steep learning curve, and 3dsmax costs a ridiculous amount of money.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator

Originally posted by Setekh:
...3dsmax costs a ridiculous amount of money.

Not unless you know where to get it cheaper. Hehehee  

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Let's not take that line of reasoning any further, shall we?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.