Author Topic: A bat for bad boys  (Read 4436 times)

Offline peterv

This is a Ulysses variant I've made along ago. (I used it today to exercise my new skills for adding insignia).
It uses external models for all it's weapons and has 4 of them in the package, all primaries.
It suppose to be an after Capella cheap civilian modification, soled in the black market etc.

Special thanks to ShadowGorrath for his help with the table file and to Soundbible (http://soundbible.com/) for the sounds of the ballistic weapons "Pelops" and "Betty".

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tki3wmmizmy

http://sectorgame.com/f2s/downloads.php?action=downloads&id=533

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:28:59 am by peterv »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I lol'd.

Offline Topgun

Reminds me of the Ulysses II concept I made a while ago,
Nice :yes:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Reminds me of the Ulysses II concept I made a while ago,
Nice :yes:

Reminds me more of Nuke's Hellbat.

On a tangentially related note, I like the Mihos. It's one of the few ships from INF that I like.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Affectionately nicknamed "The Bat Out Of Hell" by its pilots...

I like it. :D
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow! nice guns  :cool:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'm going to have to agree with Aardwolf about the Hellbat bit.

Interesting you made a Vasudan variant... And I really like the artillery on those birds/bats!!!

The Gurren Lagann Edition Ulysses, perhaps?  :D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Ulysses just turned badass.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
:wtf: A drill on a Ulysses?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Awesome!

Offline Topgun

The Ulysses just turned badass.
it was always badass, but now, its Pyro level Badass.

AWESOME.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Seems like the good old bat got itself an upgrade  :eek2:
Here's hoping it will find its way into Blue planet somehow  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, maybe, the Ullyses was already in service at the time Sol node collapsed, so I think that there will be a few left in the UEF stocks. It's a decent fighter, so upgrade wouldn't be out of place.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Who the hell do you think I am? That sounds stupid. D:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
No, it sounds AWESOME! :cool:

Freespace Lagann FTW
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Cool.

I see that there are missile models in the launch bays. Is that something  that you have added, or was it always there on the regular high-poly Ulysses (I'm assuming that it has been high-polyfied by someone already, correct me if I'm wrong).

EDIT: Ah, just re-read your post... It uses external models, so I assume it's a modification you have made.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
No, it sounds AWESOME! :cool:

Freespace Lagann FTW

Did u c wat i did thar tho
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Eh, forget Freespace Lagann. This inquisitor hereby requistions one 'Bat for official Inquisitorial use. Failure to comply will be, as usual, be met by Exterminatus on your home planet. If your homeplanet is Vasuda, well, sucks to be Vasuda.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!