Author Topic: [RELEASE] - Headz Anis (6 sets)  (Read 10702 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: [RELEASE] - Headz Anis (4 sets)
I have detailed meshes of all the FS characters (Terrain: pilot, engineer, scientist, commander, marine... And the vasudan) except the Shivan. I have been working on the Shivan slowly on my own.
I see.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Odd request, but... any chance of a head that could represnt he Vasudan emperor?

There's no technical reason why not, but the question I have is how would you actually do such a thing? Represent the emperor I mean - how would he look different to a regular Vasudan? Does he wear a crown, sit on a throne? These all seem very Terran to me. So I suppose, yes, it's possible, but I'd need to know how such a thing could be achieved within 50 frames of greyscale 160x120 pixel animations.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Odd request, but... any chance of a head that could represnt he Vasudan emperor?

There's no technical reason why not, but the question I have is how would you actually do such a thing? Represent the emperor I mean - how would he look different to a regular Vasudan? Does he wear a crown, sit on a throne? These all seem very Terran to me. So I suppose, yes, it's possible, but I'd need to know how such a thing could be achieved within 50 frames of greyscale 160x120 pixel animations.

I admit there's plenty of room for interpretation; we could probably have a whole thread devoted to it. I bring it up because Emperor Senusret (son of Khonsu II) is a major character during the later half of my campaign, and would get a fair amount of dialogue. (The first ani, BTW, is perfect for Prime Minister Rhamses). My own project aside, it seems like a handy head to have available.

While he might not necessarily wear a crown... Vasudans seem to have the concept of armor. Maybe some kind of more ornate, ceremonial, "medieval" version of the armor you see on Vasudan pilots? Camera angle might add to the effect; a low angle might make him look impressive. I'll keep brainstorming...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:30:58 am by InsaneBaron »
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That would probably look very good, but keep in mind, my access to assets like that is basically nil. The Vasudan was a $300 custom made model - the armour would be in the same ballpark unless a talented HLP modder made it (I am not that modder - I lack the talent and the time).

One thing I can do is add simple objects like a sash - here's a still render (I'm miles away from animating it) of what that might look like:

Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I started work on the zod pilot armor and just never finished it. I guess I can get to work on that again at some point.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
That would probably look very good, but keep in mind, my access to assets like that is basically nil. The Vasudan was a $300 custom made model - the armour would be in the same ballpark unless a talented HLP modder made it (I am not that modder - I lack the talent and the time).

One thing I can do is add simple objects like a sash - here's a still render (I'm miles away from animating it) of what that might look like:

I understand it's a tall order; if the armor isn't available, that's ok.

Unfortunately, my computer isn't loading the image, so I'll have to wait till this evening when I can use my better one.

If it doesn't work out I'll just use another one of these anis and rely on the dialogue to give you a clear impression of Senruset.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!

I understand it's a tall order; if the armor isn't available, that's ok.

Unfortunately, my computer isn't loading the image, so I'll have to wait till this evening when I can use my better one.

If it doesn't work out I'll just use another one of these anis and rely on the dialogue to give you a clear impression of Senruset.

http://imagebin.org/290959

Here's an alternate possibility, from a different angle.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Vasudan in scarf! So cute!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I see what you did there, Wolf. Well done. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Hmm... I like it. Definitely regal looking. Somehow I imagined the emperor with more... "stuff" on him, but like you said there's only so much that can be done without another $300.

[nitpick]The second shot seems a little too dark, you can't see how elaborate the sash is.[/nitpick] However, the second background is cool!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] - Headz Anis 7 & 8

Did up both sets, people can decide what to do with them on their own.

Pack of all 6 Vasudan Anis

Head-VC7 Only
Head-VC8 Only
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: [RELEASE] - Headz Anis (6 sets)
Are the glowy eyes intentional?

Also could you make an .ani for a "mysterious vasudan character" like a spy or someone whose face you don't actually get to see? (Like having the light source not in front but behind the character)

This project really wants we to revive "Words of the Prophet" (my HoL campaign)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Are the glowy eyes intentional?

More or less. They were perhaps a tiny bit less prominent on [V]'s zods, but they were definitely there.

Also could you make an .ani for a "mysterious vasudan character" like a spy or someone whose face you don't actually get to see? (Like having the light source not in front but behind the character)

It would be relatively easy to do, yea, but not for awhile - I'm unlikely to have much time in front of my main compy for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing this is for the "prophet" part of the project you mentioned?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:48:57 am by Black Wolf »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

It would be relatively easy to do, yea, but not for awhile - I'm unlikely to have much time in front of my main compy for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing this is for the "prophet" part of the project you mentioned?

Don't worry, I won't be needing it for some time (my Inferno overlords have so far been patient ... they might not remain that way)

And yes, the namegiving Prophet would need somekind of mysterious set-up ... but also any T-V war campaign with a Zod traitor could benefit from it IMO
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Lorric

I read through the thread mjn.mixael linked me some days ago.

I wonder if "Angry Vasudan" made it through in some form? Would be great for a HoL Vasudan or just enemy Vasudan.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Very cool thread. :yes:  I didn't have time to really study this when it was first posted, but it deserves a bump, don't you think? :D

Black Wolf, you should know that Head-VC8c.ani was somehow left out of the full pack.  It's still available if you grab the VC8 pack by itself.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Thanks Goob, glad you like them. :) I'll fix the group pack as soon as I'm in front of my main pc again.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
All of these are looking great! It's impressive you've taken (what I assume is) an identical character model and yet been able to get so many distinct-looking characters out of it. I love the look of VC7! :yes:

While he might not necessarily wear a crown... Vasudans seem to have the concept of armor. Maybe some kind of more ornate, ceremonial, "medieval" version of the armor you see on Vasudan pilots? Camera angle might add to the effect; a low angle might make him look impressive. I'll keep brainstorming...
Perhaps they only have 'functional' clothes that have a utility or symbolic meaning? So Vasudans don't have 'normal', 'fashion' clothes like we do, but have things like the flight suit (that might even heat their bodies while on Terran ships; if Vasudans are adapted for desert living, Terran temperatures might actually be a bit cold for them), armour, or thick robes for when there's sandstorms (reminded of Scroll of Atankharzim's robed vasudan). The scarf could thus maybe be a traditional symbol of office of some kind, allowed only by that specific caste or position (so not unlike a crown, but just they went with scarfs instead of headpieces)?
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.