Author Topic: Filefront: Reborn  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Ziff Davis Media group has no mention of filefront shutting down or even being sold. It still lists it as part of their company.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
It could be argued that if they are going down the drain so badly that they need to shut down stuff like Filefront or other parts of their business, they might be busy enough not to keep all the information quite up-to-date on their website.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Just so you know the SFC3 Community in particular had to scramble to archive 4TB of mods...

Not amused...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If it wasn't an April Fool's joke, "the timing ... could not have been more awkward".

It could be argued that if they are going down the drain so badly that they need to shut down stuff like Filefront or other parts of their business, they might be busy enough not to keep all the information quite up-to-date on their website.
Possibly.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Honestly, "We're making this announcement on April 1st because the deal was completed today and we want to bring all services back online immediately." is a **** excuse, or a terrible PR move.

Wait a few days, and they wouldn't rape their own reputation with a branding iron.

I don't buy it. Smells like an April Fool's joke turned bad, and PR trying to save its ass by drilling it a new hole.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I believe it is possible.  However I would buy it more if there was news beforehand that deal might be made.  That there was a chance the site MIGHT not be shutdown.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting hate emails containing stories about people who stayed to the eleventh hour download ever last file they could.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:36:37 pm by Aurora Paradox »