Author Topic: dont lock there is possibility for alot more freespace games  (Read 12586 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: dont lock there is possibility for alot more freespace games
If FreeSpace is to be revived, then the revival will probably not lie in a PC game. With the runaway success of Battlestar Galactica, an imminent Star Trek movie which promises to suck less than anything Star Trek has done in years, and the recent conclusion of Star Wars, the time is ripe for FreeSpace to be developed into other media. Could you imagine a TV series following the exploits of Admiral Wolf, the GTD Galatea, and some other Alpha 1 fighting the Vasudans in the year 2327 or so?

Also, the idea of multimillion-poly Apollos and Orions being processed by render farms makes me salivate.

In my opinon, previous video-game movies and such failed because it's too much video game and not enough movie. And besides, FreeSpace is much less vulnerable to this, being more about the GTA, PVE, GTVA, NTF, and Shivans than Alpha 1 himself. It's easy to make a whole squadron of characters rather than a single Alpha 1, and there's a broad overarching plot into which smaller stories could be injected, Babylon 5 style. Doom isn't so flexible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 01:20:57 pm by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Falcon

You know why don't you guys just put Freespace3, Freespace 3, and FS3 in the word filter? That way you wouldn't have to see those "forbidden combination of letters/characters" from ever appearing on your screen again. Just a thought now...  :P

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How can this have been said before when it happen in the last few months?? only recently did bethesda win it's suit and kill Interplay's Fallout MMO!!!

Even before that the general idea had already been thought up of.

this thread is pointless. just another FS3 thread.  :doubt:

I hear ya.

If FreeSpace is to be revived, then the revival will probably not lie in a PC game.

Well then I wouldn't buy it.

You know why don't you guys just put Freespace3, Freespace 3, and FS3 in the word filter? That way you wouldn't have to see those "forbidden combination of letters/characters" from ever appearing on your screen again. Just a thought now...  :P

An absolutely wonderful idea.

i second that last point. never mention the words eff ess or thr33 in the same sentence!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

what is said is that because bethesda won against interplay for fallout, :v: could do the same for FS
Audentis Fortuna Iuvat: Fortune favors the brave-Virgil
Iacta Alea Est: The die is cast- Julius Caesar
Summum Ius Summa Iniuria: More law, less justice- Cicero
Oderint dum metuat: Let them hate, as long as they fear- Accius
Veni, vidi, vici: I came, I saw, I conquered- Julius Caesar

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny 
. Copy Bunny 
 into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Except they can't, and Bethesda didn't "win". Interplay forfeited the rights for Fallout because they didn't develop the franchise within a specific period of time, as stated in the contract. FS doesn't have that contract as far as we all know.

So let me say this carefully, so that you can understand it.

There.

Will.

Not.

Be.

An.

F.

S.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ok, I think that's enough.... Whether there is a FS3 in the works or not.

The idea of buying the rights was discussed, in depth, some time ago. The rights themselves would probably cost around $200K, then you have development, advertising, production and distribution costs. Unless someone has a cool million laying around, and doesn't mind spending it on a project with a very rocky possibility of a profit, that route is not going to happen.