Author Topic: FSPort 3.2 Interface Upgrades  (Read 11708 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: FSPort 3.2 Interface Upgrades
I like frosted glass too. I remember I did something like that for my own purposes, but I dunno what happened to it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Question: why is the background of the briefing-screen ship view shaded like it is? I don't like it. And it's not as though it was that way in FS1 either.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
*drools slightly* 5w337n355!!  Keep it up, guys, and thx, much.  I'm going to have to re-play everything when I get time.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Question: why is the background of the briefing-screen ship view shaded like it is? I don't like it. And it's not as though it was that way in FS1 either.

wat
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Screenshot with description plz.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft

The stuff that I've highlighted quite prominently in red here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:42:23 pm by Aardwolf »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Unrelated to the above issue, but related to this thread: I always liked the FS1-style icons better. In fact, it was the one part of INF R1 that I liked. But that's just personal opinion.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yeah, I liked the wireframes too.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, until Goob and Galemp say otherwise, we're sticking with FS2-style icons. :P

Also, Aard, I have no idea what the hell is causing your problem. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Found it. It's 2_briefpop.pcx in sparky_hi_fs1.vp, version 3.1.1 (and it's visible in your screenshot, too).

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, until Goob and Galemp say otherwise, we're sticking with FS2-style icons. :P

Also, Aard, I have no idea what the hell is causing your problem. :nervous:

Cobra, there are grey dots sprinkled through that window. They are present in your screenshots. Load them up in your preferred image viewer, and crank the magnification up on the area Aardwolf marked.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I know that, but at the time of posting I assumed it was screenshot artifacting or something. I can't see it in the actual file though. Everywhere in that area that I click in Irfanview it shows #000000, which is pure black.

[EDIT]Oh well. Galemp fixed it. D:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:25:32 pm by Cobra »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Yeah, it's been fixed for a while, but post 3.1.1 I suppose. No worries, it wasn't intentional.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Jesus. H. Christ, guys those weapon anims are incredible! I love the design of the Volz and the vasudan weapons too. Nice one!
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Feast your eyes.

Apollo loadout remade totally from scratch (well, almost), FS1-style icons, and a non-windowed tech area. Are we good, or what? :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:11:41 pm by Cobra »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't see anything.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Works nao. Got lazy and use my preexisting imagebin upload. :nervous:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The anims look a little off-center.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Tech area still looks...separate, there's some...hard lines in the background that make it look like that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================