Author Topic: Fighters imported from FSPort 2.3 don't fire FS2 primaries  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Dysko

Fighters imported from FSPort 2.3 don't fire FS2 primaries
I made a tbl file importing the entries of some fighters from FSPort 2.3 (not FSPort 3.0.3 because I needed them to use FS2 weapons and I am too lazy to modify the entries :rolleyes:).
When I tested a mission, I noticed that my Athena didn't fire FS2 primary weapons. I tried to use other FS1 fighters and also the standard FS2 fighters, but none of them could fire FS2 primaries. I checked the tbl, and in the entries there were also FS2 weapons in the $Allowed PBanks lines. I tried to remove FS1 weapons from those lines (and also from the $Allowed Dogfight PBanks and $Default PBanks lines), but they couldn't anyway fire FS2 primaries. The strange thing is that those fighters could fire FS2 secondaries without problem...
 :confused:
What can I do?
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Fighters imported from FSPort 2.3 don't fire FS2 primaries
Check if you have FSPort 3.0.3 tables installed? Do they also fire FS1 secondaries (that would be weird)?

Offline Dysko

Check if you have FSPort 3.0.3 tables installed? Do they also fire FS1 secondaries (that would be weird)?
I made the ships.tbl myself copying the ships.tbl from FSPort 2.3, removing all the FS1 weapons (even secondaries, so I can't tell you... :nervous:) and adding some other ships from other campaigns (like the GTT Hunter from FSPort 3.0.3, and I replaced its weapons in this way: ML-17 --> Subach HL-7, Fury --> Tempest and so on...).

EDIT: I don't know why, but now... the primaries... work.  :wtf: Uhm... I didn't change anything in the tables... Well, sorry for having opened this topic uselessly... :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:45:48 am by Darth DySkO »
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
FS2 is strange, as the first time I downloaded Inferno, all the ships were VESUVIUS (cap ships, etc) and not Ulysses as what would usually happen. That was most likely the weirdest error I have ever encountered. But upon stopping FS for a while and doing my homework, I played it again the same evening and boom, it worked.... :wtf: