Author Topic: So I've got he Freespace Port through the Turey Installer.. now what?  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Nerhesi

So I've got he Freespace Port through the Turey Installer.. now what?
Is there a set of instructions specific to getting the Freespace 1 port to run if I got it Through the Turey installer? I guess I'm blind because I can't find any set of instructions..

Thanks,

Sam W.

Re: So I've got he Freespace Port through the Turey Installer.. now what?
Open the Launcher (and make sure you have an FSOpen build selected at the top), then click on the "Mod" tab. Select your FS1Port folder from the menu, and it will load the FS1 port.

To get back to regular FS2, just select "Media_vps". This will load FS2, but with the graphics enhancements of the Medias.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nerhesi

Please note that the Turey installer is now failing to download the following:

Freespace Port (base)
Freespace 1 Training Missions
All Freespace extras (Art, Music, Interface, Graphics..)

In fact- hold on a second.  The Turey installer is failing (it stating file not found) to install anything and everything under Freespace 1 EXCEPT the cutscenes.

Thanks,

Sam W.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The site that hosts the files is down for now, it will be up soon, if I heard right.

The site that hosts the files is down for now, it will be up soon, if I heard right.

Where did you hear that?  You posted about five weeks ago and it's still down.
Does anyone have any information on the return of this site?

What about plans for an alternative download location for FSPort?

BlackPawn

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.  I'm going to close this one.

The site was back up five weeks ago, and it's down again.  For more information, check the other thread.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:29:21 pm by Goober5000 »