Author Topic: FSport not using MediaVPs  (Read 4991 times)

FSport not using MediaVPs
Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me with a little problem I'm having.  I'm running FSPort on a Mac, installed using the Java FreeSpace Open Installer.  My problem is that FSPort  seems to be using the old low poly models for everything, and not the new assets in the mediavps.  I still get the old engine glows etc.  Everything is installed using the Open Installer, so hopefully it has been done correctly.  My current FSport mod.ini:

Code: [Select]
[launcher]
infotext     = FreeSpace 1, now ported to run on the FreeSpace 2 engine.;
website      = http://fsport.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,39.0.html;

[multimod]
secondarylist = mediavps;

[settings]

I have all the suggested flags enabled (ie -spec, -glow, -env etc).  Anyone got any ideas?  Tell me if these is something else I need to post.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: FSport not using MediaVPs
how is your mediavps folder called?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
installed using the Java FreeSpace Open Installer.

Should be mediavps... unless he renamed it after installing.

installed using the Java FreeSpace Open Installer.

Should be mediavps... unless he renamed it after installing.

Yeah, it is.

Also, here is my launcher6.ini, in case it is relevant:

Code: [Select]

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
[launcher]
exe_filepath = fs2_open_3_6_9.exe;
game_flags = ;
active_mod = mediavps;

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Can you run the debug version, and attach your \data\fs2_open.log?  (To attach, hit the "Preview" button on the post screen, then "Additional Options", then attach it.)

Here we go (username portion of my file path changed to protect the guilty innocent):

I can see in the 'Building File Index' bit it doesn't seem to be finding the mediavps.  I have no idea why not :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 08:33:47 am by Zero Gravitas »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, based on what it says in the log...

-mod fsport
the mediavps aren't getting selected correctly, somehow.  You can do it manually by typing -mod fsport,mediavps in the "custom command-line" field.

I was having the same exact problem.  No big deal though.  I just threw the MediaVPs into the FSPort folder.

Thanks, moving the files worked.  I still get a lot of random crashes in the menu system but its tolerable.  Thanks again to all.

Offline wdarkk

Well, based on what it says in the log...

-mod fsport
the mediavps aren't getting selected correctly, somehow.  You can do it manually by typing -mod fsport,mediavps in the "custom command-line" field.

Does the mac launcher HAVE a custom command-line field? I don't see one. Anyway, I'm giving the "copy over the files" thing a shot.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Copying the files is a bad idea.  You'd be better off figuring out the cause of the problem and solving it.

Offline wdarkk

Copying the files is a bad idea.  You'd be better off figuring out the cause of the problem and solving it.

Yeah, considering copying the files didn't actually work. I think the culprit is the mac FS SCP not loading mods after the initial mod right. I'll post a log later (right now I'm running the PC version on a copy of the install I made, everything works perfectly).

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
...You could try the old mod.ini convention:

secondarylist = ,mediavps;

or if that doesn't work:

secondrylist = ,mediavps;

Offline Edi

The "secondarylist=" line in the various mod.ini files is actually misspelled "secondrylist=", it's missing an A. Don't know if that could have something to do with it...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
nope... both spellings are ok with the launcher... the misspelling was a bug, but they kept it that way for backwards compatibility, and added "secondarylist" as another option... so, whichever way.

Offline wdarkk

I talked with Taylor about this, there might be a bug with the mac (java) version of the launcher selecting the secondary mods.