Author Topic: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition  (Read 77195 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition
ouch..... :rolleyes:

thats a lot.....as i´m not good in characters i cannot do that....or i make only the space scenes......

okay...

but first of all the vasuda szene....first take is animated....the arrival of lucy out of subspace in front of the planet....

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I'd say do only the space scenes but have the dialouge as audio/Textual radio chatter

I forgot to ask...are FREDedcut-scene like the ones in Darius' "Blue Planet - AoA" or actual animated cutscenes?
if its FREDed, news announcement can be the command briefing.

I'd suggest you use this as a basis
---
My take on the Ribos scene:
Estabilishing Shot:
Ribos - A red star system
Tombaugh - Arcadia Surrounded by 2 Polaris Drydock sets. (By set, i mean Polaris Drydocks on both port and starboard sides of the ship). One has a ship docked with them (A typhon) An Orion and a few Leviathans patrol nearby as do several fighter wings. The station is silhouetted againt the planet Ribos-4

Cut to node...
The SC Tarranis (Cain) and the Ship towing it arrive. (Can't remember the ship's name/class...have to play FS sometime...)
Cut back and forth between the Transport and Tombaugh - Radio chatter from the script + a bit more is heard/seen-as-text here

As the Transport + Taranis get ready to dock with the free Tombaugh drydock, somene suddenly shouts something like
"I'm detecting...My God! Tombaugh Command! I'm picking up a massive subspace disturbance. It's right off the scale"
TCommand: "What the hell? That can't be right. Nothing can cause a distubance that large?"

The lucifer jumps in. [view from several angles]
Command Briefing animation here.

The lucifer approaches Tombaugh and wastes the Tarannis and the ship towing it.
The life pods/transports from from the following mission start launching from the station as The Lucifer then starts destroying Tombaugh. It hits the main station with a single beam volley from the 2 forward beam cannons.
Lucy then fires on the drydock surrounding the typhon. The port Drydock Explodes, causing a reactor overload in the Typon which self-detructs, blowing the whole thing apart.
The terran/vasudan fighters are overwelmed by the sheer number of SF Scorpions. Tombaugh Station is then hit to near critical hul-integrity - ie 6%
The Lucifer is then engaged by the Orion and Leviathans who quickly discover the SSD's inpenitrable shields. The cruisers are soon wiped out by the shivan fighters and the orion is blown away by the Lucifer.
The lucifer then turns back to Tombaugh and finishes it off, the destroys the remaining drydock and departs
[Fade out]
---
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:13:28 pm by terran_emperor »
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
phew....sounds like work  :hopping:

:wtf:

this whole scene combines nearly EVERYTHING on behalf of ships, sfx, etc....will take a while ;)

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Im sure between you and VA you'll do a wonderful job.

It's not like all the scenes in the FSBible will be animated

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
first shot of vasuda:

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
:jaw: Nice...looks fantastic.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Once again:
                   :jaw:
That subspace effect you made, if you and VA work together, maybe you could get it ingame.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I also am of the persuasion that Lucy's anti-ship beams are orange/yellow, and her planetary bombardment beams are either blue, or the atmosphere changes them to blue somehow.  (For simplicity's sake, we should make them blue.)  BTW, everyone's watched the FS2 opening cutscene with the Lucy firing, as well as the FS1 endgame cutscene... but, the rear of the Lucy doesn't fit somehow with the front... in the FS1 ending cutscene, the node snaps shut and cuts the Lucy in half, you don't get to see the back.. in the FS2 cutscene, the Lucy looks a bit different, the back looks better than most models.. there's no green, so I'm assuming the greenish glows have to do with the sheath shields being on standby?  Take a look at these shots, compare them with the other pics I posted:

(FS2 Intro)
RapidShare | MediaFire

(FS1 Endgame)
Don't forget the Vasudan fighters, too... if you want to include them.  I'll take a few shots specifically aimed at the fighters for you.

EDIT: RapidShare | MediaFire

Link to previous post in this thread with more screenies from FS1 endgame.

EDIT2: FreeSpace Ref Bible: RapidShare | MediaFire

Oh... BTW, b4 I forget.. I'm excited, too... you guys are doing great work.  You've gotten me about half as excited as when I found this place... XD  Thx, you guys rock!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:35:19 pm by jr2 »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Interesting thought.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
What's the interesting thought?  About the rear of the Lucy, or its color being the shields generators or something else in standby mode?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The green that only occurs in subspace.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ah, yes... now, I wonder, is it because the sheath shields are on standby, or because of some weird subspace thing?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Wow - nice rendering Icey, especially that Vasuda shot. Looks exactly like the CBanim, just higher res. The subspace vortex though looks wrong - subspace ripples, it doesn't swirl like that. Otherwise, it's all looking shiny for the moment.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:15:07 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The subspace vortex though looks wrong - subspace ripples, it doesn't swirl like that. Otherwise, it's all looking shiny for the moment.

Yes... unfortunately.  /me now wishes that FS subspace was the way Icey did it.  :(  But it's not.  Can you make the FS-style subspace be just as good, but in an FS way?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Axem's Subspace swirls. It looks better than the MVP subspace. This is the AdVP+ version of Axem's.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
thanks for the critics everyone....

i know that the subspace vortex is not original...i did it freestyle.....because i do not know how to make an animated texture like the original one :(

so i have to recheck again  :(

and btw: i do not understand your abbreviations ;)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
BTW By The Way,
screenies screen shots

EDIT2: FreeSpace Ref(erence) Bible:

Oh... BTW, b4 (before)  Thx (thanks)

Those were all I could find.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Axem's Subspace swirls. It looks better than the MVP - MediaVPs subspace. This is the AdVP+ - Advanced MediaVPs + version of Axem's.

If you do ever decide to do a Tombaugh Station attack sequence, I believe the FSRefBible had a complete storyboard for such a cutscene that never ended up getting made.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
If you do ever decide to do a Tombaugh Station attack sequence, I believe the FSRefBible had a complete storyboard for such a cutscene that never ended up getting made.

I already posted it. see the last post on the preveous page. I then posted my take on the scene on this page

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit