Author Topic: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station  (Read 113209 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station
I agree with vidmaster. That defence group sounds about right for a science centre in war-time. Besides, it may have been Civilian originally, but was requisitioned by the military

BTW
And stop arguing about what is Canon...If you guys want to do that start a seperate thread, just don't do it here...
This is the only Canon thing:
back 2 business....i´m just looking 4 ideas for some scenes and the general look of the animation and found THIS picture

i think that would be way cool to let the lucy jump in inside a nebula. then we have a red vortex (ref-bible) also as well as this cool volumetric light effect from the cb-anim.....

what do you think?
I believe that VA is in charge of TI, or at least high up. Ask him, as he probably made that.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Wow, that's an old picture - made by Flipside though; not me. (You should see some of the other stuff he's come up with on TI internal! :p )

I'd agree with the 'don't do a red vortex' thing too - but that volumetric light effect would be fine to include without a nebulae - just have a slight haze and that'd be enough.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What's the bluish ship?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
It's an Aesir ship, the new race in TI.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:39:29 pm by Koth »
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Thanks to Flips efforts it looks muchly purdier now. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Now THAT'S some way to show a Lucifer. I like that haze effect.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I love the red subspace idea...well, all my missions that im working on have red subspace reskins and red vortexes...

BUT FOR FS PORT Tobaugh Scene  - Don't use the red portal...it would mean going back and re-editing all other cut-scenes/ani-files that have subspace vortexes. it would also beam some serious re-Freding to get it in-game
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
you do not get it what i´ve meant.....

ribos seems to be a system filled with a thin, red nebula (look @ cb-anim).....so it also could be, that there are spots with higher concentrations of gas and lucy could jump in directly inside such a nebula.....so you see only the glow of the vortex and it seems to be red.....i would use an external ego-view of a pilot flying around tombaugh on patrol.....and then lucy emerges out of the nebula very dramatically......

that is what i have in mind  :cool:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
you do not get it what i´ve meant.....

ribos seems to be a system filled with a thin, red nebula (look @ cb-anim).....so it also could be, that there are spots with higher concentrations of gas and lucy could jump in directly inside such a nebula.....so you see only the glow of the vortex and it seems to be red.....i would use an external ego-view of a pilot flying around tombaugh on patrol.....and then lucy emerges out of the nebula very dramatically......

that is what i have in mind  :cool:

Same here! I had something similar in mind too, although it wasn't so detailed. I think it's a good way to prsent the Lucifer in a fearsome ligh-...uhh, haze. :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I had another idea about the red vortex.

You could just put a red tint on everything when the Lucy shows up... I've seen it done for awesome dramatic "oh-my-god-we're-all-dead" effect before.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Hey. I've always thought that Ribos was a Red Star. Either it was a Red Dwarf orit was a Red Giant... But Either way it was RED. Therefore everything has a red shading

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
About other installations:There are other things like INF Canon, Transcend canon, Flames of War canon, etc. etc.

When I name an Inferno ship I'm doing something for the INF Canon...but it doesn't put me on a superior level. You're going to create a cutscene based on FS1 - :v: made FS1, not FS fans :)

About the star: Don't exaggerate with the red shading, in FS stars don't really influence the graphical aspect of environments.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Have you Looked at the Ribos ani...you know the one with all those scorpions pouring out of the Lucifer...Its all red.

BTW I dont mean that the entire screen should be various shades of red...Imagine doing an ingame mission in a red sun system. there is a red glow to the level, but it is light - therefore, anyside facing Ribos is a shade of red, while others....

I know how it should look in my mind, but puting it into works is hard

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Then that can't be a sun (because suns can't shine two colours at once)...unless if the colour of sunlight mingles with the planetary colour of Ribos to make it look red... :bump:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Ribos is the name of the star, not the planet.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
Debris from the station is still falling from orbit on Ribos 4

*Cough*
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Nx

Debris from the station is still falling from orbit on Ribos 4

*Cough*

Earth = Sol 3
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Yeah...people seem to have forgotten that Ribos is the star at the centre of the system. And it is red so the general lighting effect is red, look at the CBani i've mentioned several times. They distinclty use that ani for the ribos attack. The star is clearly RED. Weither it's a red Dwarf or Red Giant, i don't know...but the star is clearly red. 

Thus this animation sequence must be used in the Tombaugh Station Sequence

Edit: I just watched the ani file. Ribos is definatly a Red star and there  appears to be a red nebula behind Ribos 4

I say Forget using a Red warp portal...I find the glow of the star bathing everything every in blood-red light even creepier. It makes the Lucifer, which is generally red anyway, look like something out of hell
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:27:48 pm by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

To all of you who corrected me on what is named "Ribos":

I am fully aware that the planet's name is Ribos 4. It looked to me as though Androgeos Exeunt was mixed up on the fact (that is, I thought he thought that the planet was the thing named Ribos... not the star).

I say Forget using a Red warp portal...I find the glow of the star bathing everything every in blood-red light even creepier. It makes the Lucifer, which is generally red anyway, look like something out of hell

Which is pretty much what I suggested a while back.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, sorry. I'm a foreigner when it comes to Ribos. :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan