Author Topic: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station  (Read 113205 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: WIP - Cutscene: SD Lucy arrives at Tombaugh-Station
that was only a fast shot :) a try how a doubled arcadia could look like.....if you like the idea, i could spend more time in it for a real connection of these both parts......

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
sf-junky had a nice idea imho in the german fs-forum.

why not use a big fat station from hades combine? what about
  • Aeglos
  • Nareos
  • Whitehall v2?

THAT are massive stations that would represent the importance much better than an civilian arcadia.....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:14:21 am by IceyJones »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ugh don't use non-canon crap please.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hehe.....when i use one of them for a cutscene, it becomes canon ;)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I agree with Snail, let's try to stick to the story.  ;)
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
in the bible it is not mentioned, what type of installation we are talking about. only a science-station is mentioned......

Offline Nx

in the bible it is not mentioned, what type of installation we are talking about. only a science-station is mentioned......

The Aeglos and the Nareos have completely different textures, so they wouldn't fit in. The Whitehall is ok, since it uses the same textures, but some people might get angry if you use a non-canon installation  :nervous:
Obviously, :v: wanted to use an Arcadia, since that's the only installation they had  ;)
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Not really. All it would do is irritate people into not using the cutscene, or editing it out. Please, just stick to [V]s ships.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Hm, okay. I see, responses here are not very positive. :-|
If you really don't want to use just a single Arcadia, then connect those two in a different way at least. My suggestions would be #1, #2. But in your first screen it just looks... gna... to me.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
i tried #2, but this is not looking good. but #1 could be possible.....i will try it....

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
i tried #2, but this is not looking good.
In what way?

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
it is not possible to get a good looking connection from the docking ring to the main station body, as the body has no straight line. it´s curved slightly....

the first possibility is easy as i can mirror all points. furthermore it is a logical extension as the main station body´s are connected and forming one big station and it has doubled docking performance without disturbing each other.....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:06:59 am by IceyJones »

Offline Snail

• SC 5

:wtf:

:blah:

:hopping:

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
come on snail.....are you not able to distinguish between a joke and a serious comment?!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

:wtf:

:blah:

:hopping:
come on snail.....are you not able to distinguish between a joke and a serious comment?!

In all seriousness.  Would the canon fanbois knock it off?  You have two choices:

1) An Arcadia.  PERIOD.  END OF LINE
2) A NON-CANON Installation.  THIS INCLUDES A MASH OF TWO ARCADIAS, as Arcadias are not known to be connectible in Canon, AFAIK.

Am I right?  Or... am I right?  Either you insist on a single Arcadia, or multiple, separate Arcadias, or, if you are going non-canon, you might as well take it all the way and just make a new installation.  People have to realize that :v: DID NOT GIVE US ALL THE DETAILS OF THEIR UNIVERSE, some of this, as more detail is added, MUST BE CREATED.  You CAN do this in a way that tries to adhere to CANON PRINCIPALS.  XD

Just my 2c  :D

EDIT: What I mean by "Canon Principals" could be explained by asking yourself if :v: wouldn't have a problem in adopting your additions for their use if they were working at making something in the same period.  Also, it must not be in conflict with the style or known data already existing in canon.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hmmm.....maybe we should start a poll?! general decision for the type of installation and if it is not canon, then making concepts for the installation incl. faustus vessels and cargo floating around, and and and......

that is my wish from you all ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Can you? ;)

If I were being serious I would have posted something like...

No it doesn't! No matter how many mods have a common model or idea, it doesn't make it canon! Only :v: can decide what is canon and non-canon. And you're not :v:! I find that comment very insulting in the way that you can decide what is canon and what is not! Your opinion is exactly the same as anybody else's here so don't get all high and mighty saying "what i say is canon!" You can say that one thing is canon, but that's only in your own little universe. But in the real world, only what :v: says is canon! And you are not :v:! So what you say is not canon! So you can live in your own little universe where what IceyJones says is canon while we'll live in our own universe where only what :v: says in canon! And you are not :v:! So what you said is not canon! Because only :v: can decide what is canon! And just so that you know, in the real world, you are not :v:! You may be :v: in your own universe but in the real world you are NOT :v:!

And no matter how many times you repeat the same thing it doesn't make it true!

*ahem*

;)

That said, however, I'd rather stick to canon installations.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
i´m no quack http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/quack.html if you point on this one  :rolleyes:

but the problem with  :v: is, that they will not decide anything further, as they are not working with the FS-universe anymore......i thought they gave everything to the community and WE decide now, what is canon in this universe......

just my 2c

Offline Snail

• SC 5
but the problem with  :v: is, that they will not decide anything further, as they are not working with the FS-universe anymore......i thought they gave everything to the community and WE decide now, what is canon in this universe......

Only what :v: says is canon! And the community ain't :v:!

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
but they will not decide a bit anymore, whats canon......or are :v:-members attending this board?!