Author Topic: The GTID Hades  (Read 23965 times)

Offline admiral_wolf

• Commander of the Orion class Destroyer GTD Galatea
I'm always reading peoples comments about how they can see the wreck of the Hades in the intro movie of Freespace 2.  I have personally watched this too many times to count on YouTube and all I can see is the wreck of what could be the GTD Legion.  Does anyone have a screenshot or a timecode so I could actually see it at all?
I reject your reality and substitute my own, hence my existance on the Galatea!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
After the 'Freespace 2' title.

It's on the surface of the planet, with the dead pilot and his flickering hologram.

Offline Kie99

"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Hey IM NOT DEAD!!!!
Just kidding.
I think that might have been Bosch's try at the Hades.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh, Bosch never did anything related to the Hades (unless he was in the attack on the Joutenheim). :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

Hey IM NOT DEAD!!!!
Just kidding.
I think that might have been Bosch's try at the Hades.

30 and a half years before the earleist definite date he was an Admiral?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Hades

I think I saw that in the FS2 tech description or the intelligence.
Besides the FSST's Hades was no where near a planet.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Is that really a Hades? It doesn't look similar at all, or any GTVA ship in fact.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
* Cobra headdesks

Dude, Silent Threat was unfinished.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

* Cobra headdesks

Dude, Silent Threat was unfinished.

That makes total sense of it. But if it was unfinished, why put it in a sequel that WAS finished? If you have the time to make a whole sequel, why bother leave a released expansion unfinished?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Hades

Is that really a Hades? It doesn't look similar at all, or any GTVA ship in fact.
Damnit get your eyes checked.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

YOU HAVE PROBLEMS! I FLAMZ YOUS! RAWRZ!

be nice to the oblivious. For i am one of them. he is right about it not looking GTVA, as the hades is purple which is very different from terran or vasudan designs, cause it was made from shivan parts.

Then again, it does look like a hades, even to me.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Nope.... I still don't see the resemblance. Are you sure it's not a Cain, Lilth, or something? It just looks like 3 tubes sticking out the dirt.

have you seen a hades before? remember the four engines?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Ive always thought that the character you play as in Silent Threat was a young Aken Bosch. and that is distinctly a Hades...Now whether it it the GTI Original or a failed GTVA attempt to rebuild it, it is up to your own belief
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
IMHO, actual gameplay takes precedence over cutscenes in regards to canonity. IIRC the cutscenes were made by interplay, not volition. Or at least that one was.

guess that makes sense?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

be nice to the oblivious. For i am one of them. he is right about it not looking GTVA, as the hades is purple which is very different from terran or vasudan designs, cause it was made from shivan parts.

Look again. The Hades is definitely blue. It's even bluer than the Orion.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

****. i always remember it as being a pinkish purple for some reason :snipe:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.