Author Topic: The GTID Hades  (Read 23966 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That's so obvious it would be like a subtle insult to say it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
True, but it's necessary to placate the completionists.  You know how they get.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Then they can do it themselves. It's a wiki for that reason. But if they complain... :beamz:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It used one of it bombardment beams probably toned down.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
That's what ive always thought
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I've always thought that those were the bombardment cannons, and the things on the arms were anti-capship beams. It makes sense, to me.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Question: How come the Medusa explosion looks so dumb, and the poof from the beam hit looks so dumb?

And furthermore, in the FS1 intro, why do they focus so much on the guy's eyes, they are so poor quality!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Question: How come the Medusa explosion looks so dumb, and the poof from the beam hit looks so dumb?

And furthermore, in the FS1 intro, why do they focus so much on the guy's eyes, they are so poor quality!
FS1 came out in 1998, and FS2 came out in 1999.  The graphics were pretty good compared to the standards at the time.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I thought the graphics in the FS1 intro are pretty close to what we have right now. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Nice title.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Well, assuming that the "Hades" wasn't put there simply for looks in the cutscene, but was an actual ship, let's think about this one. First of all, the Hades is 3Km long... A ship that big crashing into a world would either A) disintegrate instantly on impact, as the sheer force of impact would basically liquidate/destroy everything for miles around. or B) not be crashed on a hillside, but span SEVERAL hillsides. 3Km is over a mile long.

So, if we're not talking about a Hades, then what could this possibly be? Well, looking though pictures of other FS1 era ships, it could be an Apollo that is on it's side... that's 21m long, making it a good 60+feet. Also, we're told in FS2 that Deneb is inhabited... Cygnus Prime. The Vasudans flee because of the NTF, but did the Lucifer bombard? and if so, how were they able to recolonize when Vasuda Prime was rendered uninhabitable. If the Lucifer did not bombard, what are all those alien bodies that look like infantry doing on the ground? Do we know if Cygnus, or any other Deneb system planet was ever inhabited by the Ancients? If it was, that could be an Ancient ship that's crashed there. I admit, that protrusion coming out of the wreckage isn't repeated in very many ship designs. It can't be an Anubis, and it doesn't look much like a Valk, but that is a small possibility.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, assuming that the "Hades" wasn't put there simply for looks in the cutscene, but was an actual ship, let's think about this one. First of all, the Hades is 3Km long... A ship that big crashing into a world would either A) disintegrate instantly on impact, as the sheer force of impact would basically liquidate/destroy everything for miles around. or B) not be crashed on a hillside, but span SEVERAL hillsides. 3Km is over a mile long.

Maybe it did an atmospheric landing on purpose before being brought down by ground forces. Would explain all the dead marines on the ground later.

So, if we're not talking about a Hades...

I didn't read the second paragraph beyond that because it's so blatantly clear that it is the Hades. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Period. :rolleyes:

I didn't read the second paragraph beyond that because it's so blatantly clear that it is the Hades. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Period. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it can't possibly be anything else.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

FS1 came out in 1998, and FS2 came out in 1999.  The graphics were pretty good compared to the standards at the time.

That's wrong, look at Colony Wars' cutscenes. That game is even older than FreeSpace and its cutscenes were incredible. The first CW came out in 1997(before FS1) and the second one in 1998(like FS1)...and they even were consolle games!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Colony Wars wouldn't be better than the standard in that case.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Back then pc games were just beginning to break out into the mainstream compared to the ps2. I agree the quality is great. It's no
Digital anvil granted but great nonetheless. It is the Hades also :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
It was a game for PSX, not PS2. You can find many cutscenes on YouTube(ingnore CW: Red Sun as it came out after FS2).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Wow... I wasn't expecting such... closed mindedness about my theory that it could be something -other- than the Hades... I personally was under the impression that capital ships were unable to land on planets (hence orbital shipyards and shuttles)...

Also, those bodies don't look very human... maybe Vasudan, but I don't know. Maybe, instead of disregarding my thoughts (and making an insult in the process) simply because they don't agree with what you -want- to believe, you read the next couple of lines I wrote and give it some thought? Obviously your put enough time into replying to me (rather rudely), you could at least provide some constructive criticism for my hypothesis...

Wow... I wasn't expecting such... closed mindedness about my theory that it could be something -other- than the Hades... I personally was under the impression that capital ships were unable to land on planets (hence orbital shipyards and shuttles)...
Exactly. They don't land, they crash. :D
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Sorry man no offense meant. It's just too blatantly obvious. The bodies are infantry wearing great war era uniform as seen in hallfight. And i reckon the hades touched down on a more horizontal velocity than vertical. I'm following your theory i'm just stating my belief. :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png