Author Topic: FSPort 3.2 Teaser  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The next long term project for FSPort... re-rendering the Command Briefing animations for the high-resolution interface art.

Behold the glory of what will be cb_hol.ani.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Bad. Ass.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Woah :eek2:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I was almost thinking you'd created a new, sexy Seth for the Port. Even though that's not the case, that's still incredible!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Nice! Any specific reason the 660x300 resolution was chosen?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That's the approximate size of the briefing window in the high-resolution interface art. The exact dimensions were the ones chosen by Earth Defense for their CB Anis, so I'm maintaining that.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The sheer attention to detail and the amount of care that goes into upholding FS canon is what I really admire in the FSPort.

You guys are awesome beyond measure.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The sheer attention to detail and the amount of care that goes into upholding FS canon is what I really admire in the FSPort.

You guys are awesome beyond measure.
Thanks, that means a lot to us. :)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
These are really amazing to behold. Are the evil red Seths going to be in-game too?

And since we're on interface elements, will the remaining FS2 briefing icons be replaced? I'd like to see the Perseus briefing icons replaced with Apollos, Mentus with Atens, etc. As it is they kind of stick out against the FS1-ified interface.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Wow. I need to play moar Freespace.

+ Props to FSPort Team. That **** is amazing, gentlemen.  :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
These are really amazing to behold. Are the evil red Seths going to be in-game too?

Seths, probably not. But Atens will be (and already are if you have mediaVPs installed.)

And since we're on interface elements, will the remaining FS2 briefing icons be replaced? I'd like to see the Perseus briefing icons replaced with Apollos, Mentus with Atens, etc. As it is they kind of stick out against the FS1-ified interface.

Yep, those are getting done too. Slowly, but surely. Bug Cobra if you want them done faster.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Those are actually pretty much done, I literally have like five icon sets left to finish, but lately I haven't spent much time on the computer, so I haven't done much in that department. Hoping to fix that tomorrow night when I get off work.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We have a new member of the team, and he's going to be helping us out with things like this. Let's give a warm welcome to mjn.mixael.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Damn. You know how to track down talented people, don't you ? :D I thought he would be busy enough with the Intro and Hallfight... This must be fresh and easy scenes for him :)
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Vrets

High res command briefings.  :yes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Awesome. Can't wait to see ShiverSubKilla.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Damn. You know how to track down talented people, don't you ? :D I thought he would be busy enough with the Intro and Hallfight... This must be fresh and easy scenes for him :)

I'm glad you like my work thus far. Though, I must say that Galemp and Goober are picky individuals. (I mean that in a good way!  :P ) Already they have helped me improve my work process to make great looking shots. They have an eye for quality. I only hope I can live up to it.

Awesome. Can't wait to see ShiverSubKilla.

That is one Galemp assigned me and I'm excited to work on it! One at a time though.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
good, now we'll get to see some serious kicking ass command briefings :yes:

might as well go ahead and start buying popcons, lots of them.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Bravo Zulu, team. :yes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
But wait! There's more!