Author Topic: Enter the Dragon loadout bugged  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Lion

Enter the Dragon loadout bugged
Thanks to the developers for the great work you guys put into this conversion. Definitely tickles my nostalgic heartstrings to get a chance to play this again :D

I have run into a pretty annoying situation, however. As we all remember, Enter the Dragon doesn't let you choose your loadout or ship. I think okay, that's fine, who doesn't want to fly the Ulysses anyway? So I hop in.

I've got 10 interceptor missiles. That's it. No primaries whatsoever. To compound the problem, and make the battle unwinnable (so far through 10-15 attempts), Resupply's been disabled.

Is there a way to fix this in FRED? I'm a complete novice with it, I couldn't figure out a way in the time I've spent mucking through it.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Enter the Dragon loadout bugged
Resupplies aren't meant to be there.

As for your primaries: That sounds like a bug. You should be able to choose between Avengers and Prometheuses. Did you by any chance start another campaign with the same pilot?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sounds like pilot file corruption to me.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lion

Brand new pilot, very first campaign with him. Any way to fix it, or am I boned?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, it does sound like pilot file corruption.
Try making another pilot and cheating your way to that point and see if it still has that issue I guess?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
You can use cheats to get through this mission before you try replaying the whole stuff. If the former works, replay the mission in the simulator room to see what the mission is about and how it ends. But before that, check if you get weapons in the next mission.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Enter the Dragon should arm you with Prometheus and Advanced Disruptor cannon. Missing weapons could be a couple things... try running a Debug Build of FreeSpace Open and see if it spits out any error messages.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Oh - I mixed it up with Playing Judas.